Beaglebone white and Digikey CAN cape

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there is a kernel that supports this Cape out of the box?By out of the box I mean no modifying board config files or kernel configs
plug it in and ls /proc/net/dev show the CAN device
AND
I need an example evn335xboard.c that sets up the mux for the UART3 TX &RX
I also have the TowerTech cape and would like to understand the difference in setting up muxes for it

Thanks
|

I do not believe so. Check with the manufacturer.

Gerald

Gerald |

Jun 11
|

• | - |

Probably a bad SD card. I suggest that you recreate the card and give that a try.

Further, I suggest you connect the terminal program to the board via the USB and see what the debug messages are telling you. The board is hanging on some event. The debug messages should provide information on what is going on.

Gerald

I have burned and re-burned different OS images onto this SD card many times, with the same problems, so perhaps it is the SD card itself. Could these issues be caused by a failure of certain sectors of the SD card, causing the sporadic malfunctions? I’ll try using a different one, as soon as I can find one (I only have a 16Gb card which is too large for the 32 bit addressing). Thanks for your help.

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there is a kernel that supports this Cape out of the box?By out of the box I mean no modifying board config files or kernel configs
plug it in and ls /proc/net/dev show the CAN device
AND
I need an example evn335xboard.c that sets up the mux for the UART3 TX &RX
I also have the TowerTech cape and would like to understand the difference in setting up muxes for it

Thanks
|

• |

Please start your own thread, don’t hijack this one. This thread is to discuss the problem I mentioned in the original post.

PLyttle |

Jun 12
|

• | - |

The first LED is lit when u-boot.img is loaded and runs and the bootcmd is beginning to execute
the second LED is lit when a valid SD/MMC is found
the third LED is lit when uEnv.txt is read and uenvcmd is run
the fourth LED is lit when uImage is found and loaded (the first phase of the actual linux-boot)

uImage is located in the second partition in /boot

maybe the file got corrupted or is missing.

boot from an SD-card, mount the eMMC and check the contents of /boot

LP

Huh, I didn’t know the Beagelbone A6 had an eMMC. Are you sure that the eMMC isn’t just for the Beaglebone Black? That’s the only reference I can find for it. Am I misunderstanding what it is or how it’s used?

If you have a bad card, then it is bad. Copying over bad sectors will not fix it. You could follow the procedure as described in the Wiki and reformat the SD card, That may remove bad sectors for you and could solve your problem.

Gerald