Beaglebone White & LCD7 & Angstrom Release : Angstrom-Cloud9-IDE-GNOME-eglibc-ipk-v2012.12-beaglebone-2013.06.06.img.xz

Hi,

I’ve a big problem … My Screen is completly white … here is the bootlog :

I was messing around with this exact same setup the other evening. There are a couple of things going on here as I understand it, after talking with some folks on IRC.

1. If you look in the firmware folder, there isn’t a device tree overlay for this version of the cape, so that is why you are getting this error:

[ 7.809284] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.7: failed to load firmware ‘BB-BONE-SERL-04-00A1.dtbo’

1. I was told that there are some issues (left unexplained) with the init process.

The CircuitCo kernel dudes are aware of it, and working to resolve it, so my advice is to be patient.

Regards,
Blake

Thx for the answer, but I’ve two cape connected, this id is for the serial cap?

Mickae1,

the LCD7 cape is not supported in the 13.06.06 release. the latest pre-release image has full support for the LCD7 but does require that the LCD7 cape be revA3 or newer…

http://www.elinux.org/BeagleBone_Black_Capes

once the a image release has been done with full LCD7 support (probably end of the week), the status of the LCD7 will be updated to “Green” and “Approved” with errata posted…

Dave Anders
Circuitco/boardzoo