BeBoPr boards now available

Dave,

Sorry for the short radio silence, I did get your message from the 6th, and it was on my 'todo' stack. I was trying to find some boards for shipment but failed and then I had to get a tape-out and PCBs made before the PCB factory closes for the holidays.

All BeBoPr+ boards have been sold. It will be replaced by the BeBoPr++ that will provide the same functionality and more. I hope to make an announcement soon. The tape-out mentioned before was for the BeBoPr++ revision 1. I've been testing a BeBoPr++ prototype for a while and it's working properly, but I decided to improve the PWM output circuitry and add a connector with an I2C bus. That makes it possible to add some I/O expansion and/or a small LCD without needing extra hardware or soldering wires directly to the board.

Watch the hardware announcements on the forum page!

-- Bas

i would also like to purchase a bebopr+* somehow. i await instruction.

personal, Texas, USA.

The BeBoPr++ layout and specs look nice. I too am searching for purchase options.

I’m building a small XY laser engraver before building a Delta possibly a Kossel like Brandon Heller with the modified sled to ride on the rails combined with Spectra Line drive or a 3DR(again wanting rail sleds and Spectra line drive). I’m picking up a RAMPS/Ardruino/Polulo/LCD kit to eventually move to the engraver with the BBB/BeBoPr++ to the delta system. No doubt when shown at the local 3D Printer Meetup there will be lots of interest in BBB/BeBoPr++ from the locals.

Doug

Doug,

The BeBoPr++ will be available for purchase soon (about 3 weeks from now) and at a great price ! I don't use a pre-ordering system, I only start selling when real boards are available. Send a mail to bebopr++@aeselectronics.nl and I'll notify you as soon as I have stock.

For laser engraving you can use the 4th axis to pulse the laser synchronous with the movement of the other axes. This way you get even power distribution during acceleration and deceleration. Pulse duration (power) is a parameter you can change by software in between moves.

Cheers,
-- Bas