on.

Googling only shows a couple unique references and they are duplicates
from different archives. It appears to be a problem with Ubuntu 11.xx
on the host system. I've tried adding the jade and openjade packages to
my system without luck. I'm hoping someone has seen this and resolved
it.

I am getting a dynamic linking error when jade is ran. The error I am
getting:

SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/local/Projects/BeagleBone/Angstrom/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/x86_64-linux/etc/sgml/catalog \

SGML_SEARCH_PATH=../..:../../doc:.. \
              jade -t sgml -i html -d ../../docbook-utils.dsl\#html \
                      -V '%use-id-as-filename

%' ../../doc/docbook-utils.sgml

jade: symbol lookup

error: /local/Projects/BeagleBone/Angstrom/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/../../usr/lib/libospgrove.so.0: undefined symbol: _ZN14OpenJade_Grove8ClassDef12sgmlDocumentE

I've uploaded the complete 'bitbake cloud9-image' output to pastebin[2].

FYI, the host system is a 64bit quad core running Ubuntu 11.10, with the
latest update from Ubuntu and OE (using './oebb.sh update').

-Freeman

[1]
http://falstaff.agner.ch/2011/11/18/building-an-image-for-beaglebone/
[2] Failed - bitbake cloud9-image - Pastebin.com

I followed the instructions on that the link mentioned in the post below: on my system, I always get an error when compiling nodejs, which is version 0.4.12, at the ‘do_populate_sysroot’ step: did anyone else have this problem as well, and more importantly, how did you manage to solve it? I have been trying to find solutions for quite some time without success…

Ed

PS: the error is

ERROR: Error executing a python function in /home/lafargue/Documents/BeagleBone/setup-scripts/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/nodejs/nodejs_0.4.12.bb:
CalledProcessError: Command ‘tar -cf - -C /home/lafargue/Documents/BeagleBone/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/work/i686-linux/nodejs-native-0.4.12-r0/sysroot-destdir///home/lafargue/Documents/BeagleBone/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux -ps . | tar -xf - -C /home/lafargue/Documents/BeagleBone/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux’ returned non-zero exit status 2 with output tar: /home/lafargue/Documents/BeagleBone/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/work/i686-linux/nodejs-native-0.4.12-r0/sysroot-destdir///home/lafargue/Documents/BeagleBone/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux: Cannot chdir: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

I am trying to build cloud9 (using bitbake) for BeagleBone, and getting what appears to be the identical error to Edouard.

MACHINE=beagleboard bitbake cloud9-image
[…]
ERROR: Task 1723 (virtual:native:/home/foo/src/beaglebone/setup-scripts/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/nodejs/nodejs_0.4.12.bb, do_populate_sysroot) failed with exit code ‘1’

earlier, I see 'CalledProcessError: Command 'tar -cf - -C /home/foo/src/beaglebone/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_[…]/work/i686[…]/nodejs-native-0.4.12/**sysroot-destdir///home/foo/src/beaglebone/**setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_[…]

It seems to me that the path for tar is being improperly constructed in both Edouard’s and my cases.

I’m attempting to build on Ubuntu 11.10 (32 bit, running under Parallels).

Is there a workaround for this, or can someone point me to where in the bitbake process this path is constructed?

I think I got around this by doing the following…

in vi /home//<user’s beaglebone subdir>/setup-scripts/sources/openembedded-core/meta/lib/oe/path.py

on or about line 86…

def copytree(src, dst):

We could use something like shutil.copytree here but it turns out to

to be slow. It takes twice as long copying to an empty directory.

If dst already has contents performance can be 15 time slower

This way we also preserve hardlinks between files in the tree.

bb.utils.mkdirhier(dst)
#cmd = ‘tar -cf - -C %s -ps . | tar -xf - -C %s’ % (src, dst)
#I commented the line above and replaced it with the line below
cmd = ‘tar -cf - -C %s -ps . | tar -xf - -C %s’ % (src.replace(’///’,’/ /’), dst)
check_output(cmd, shell=True, stderr=subprocess.STDOUT)

I’m compiling again anyway. I suspect this may cause some other problem. I’ll update this post if it does.

Sorry to bump this old thread but i have the same issue mentioned above .

Did your solution work @gabeagle ?
Can you please update this thread on your progress.

I am using Ubuntu 12.04

I have made the same changes as suggested , but the problem still persists… :frowning: