bmp085 with uext connection with BBB

Hello,
I am using bmp085 sensor with uext connection with beaglebone black. I have made change in device tree of BBB. I have made i2c1(pin 17 and 18) as input pin and pulled up internally and set it to mode two. I have also set compatible property in device tree to load module of bmp085.
After looking into hardware design manual of bmp085 I interface with beaglebone black.I connected four wire (vdd(pin3),gnd(pin1),sda(pin17) and scl(pin18)) and kept other unconnected.

https://www.olimex.com/Products/Modules/Sensors/MOD-BMP085/resources/MOD-BMP085_sch.pdf

When I boot my kernel my bmp085 module is loaded automatically and I am getting entry in /dev of i2c1

Problem:
When I connect BBB with bmp085 my kernel hangs or BBB does not start at all!!!What may be the problem???
Note:
I am not using 5v supply.

Can you try connect with external 5V supply ?
BTW, suggest R2 and R3 connect with 10k resister ,

bmp085 sensor works on 3.3v volt. I have internally pulled up the pin and I can see resistor connected in the harware diagram of bmp085.
Still I connect external resistor?

bmp085 sensor works on 3.3v volt. I have internally pulled up the pin and I can see resistor connected in the harware diagram of bmp085.
Still I connect external resistor?

The internal resistors don’t provide enough current. You will still need external resistors and I suggest 4k7.

Regards,
John

I belive that they may not provide required current. But would it cause by BBB not to power on?

I will connect external resistor with sda1 and scl1 pins of BBB which are already pulled up. Where should I connect the other leg of these resistor.

Regard
Jay Kothari

I belive that they may not provide required current. But would it cause by BBB not to power on?

I will connect external resistor with sda1 and scl1 pins of BBB which are already pulled up. Where should I connect the other leg of these resistor.

VDD_3V3B

The pull up resistors will have nothing to do with BBB power up. My bet is you have something connected to LCD_DATA[15…0] which changes the startup mode of the BBB. Anything connected to these pins must be isolated until after the SYS_RESETn goes high. Use a high impedance buffer to isolate these signals and gate then with SYS_RESETn.

Regards,
John

Thank you for such explanation.

But I havnt attached anything on LCD_DATA.

I have four connection.
1)GND(pin1)
2)Vcc(pin 3)
3)SCL(pin 17)-I have pulled up internally
4)SDA(pin 18)-I have pulled up internally

and my BBB is not powering on!!!

As per your suggession how I use pull up resister for scl and sda pin, which I have pulled up internally (from device tree).

Regards
Jay Kothari

I would like to stop this topic by correcting my mistake.

I reversed my connection of uext cable.Afterwards I checked connectivity. Please check the connection when you interface with uext. Thank you for discussion

Regards

Jay Kothari