bone i2c only seeing 1 bus

my freshly booted bone with stock angstrom image only seems to show 1 i2c bus with ‘i2cdetect -l’. should it not be showing 2 i2c buses? i2c1 & i2c2 should be on p9 by default are they not or do I need to change the pinmux to bring them out. How would I set the pinmux to bring out both i2c buses?

Thanks,

Eric

There is no pullup on the second bus. There fore it cannot be seen. You can find informtation on this in the System Reference Manual.

Gerald

So should it come up on boot with the required pullups in place? If So, I’m still not seeing it. The driver isn’t finding the bus either, nor do the appropriate files show up in the filesystem.

Eric

If the pullups are enabled in SW then you will not see it unless you have something hooked to it. Do you have something hooked to the I2C bus that you are looking for?

Gerald

I have a sparkfun bmp085 module hooked up. the module/ breakout board has pullups on the board. The wiring has been checked multiple times by both myself and another EE associate. I believe it to be wired to the bone correctly. I’ve tried using both [P9_17,18] and [P9_19,20] as well as not connected at all and the only bus I have referenced in the filesystem or found by i2cdetect is i2c1.

Eric

Ok. So, if you conenct it to I2C2, you should be able to see it. Taht is the one used to detect the EEPROM on the capes.

Gerald

yes, connected that way and I’m unable to see other than i2c1. any ideas? other than that I’m sorta stuck as I messed up the sd card with a failed opkg upgrade and havn’t found much help restoring that and updating the image.

Eric

If you want to restore image you can go here:

http://circuitco.com/support/index.php?title=BeagleBone#Image_Files

Gerald