Building a cross compilation toolchain

Hello,

I have some problems following this instructions:
http://wind.cs.purdue.edu/doc/crosscompile.html

If I run MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh bitbake virtual/kernel as root the folowing erro appears:

rocessing openembedded-core: Current branch angstrom-staging-yocto1.4 is up to date.
Using environment-angstrom-v2013.06 to setup needed variables. It is recommended to do ‘. environment-angstrom-v2013.06’ and run ‘bitbake something’ without using ./oebb.sh as wrapper
Executing: MACHINE=beaglebone bitbake virtual/kernel
Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main build
ERROR: OE-core’s config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf).
Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

Do not use Bitbake as root.
ERROR: Execution of event handler ‘check_sanity_eventhandler’ failed

Now changing to some other user, another error:

Executing: MACHINE=beaglebone bitbake virtual/kernel
Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main build
ERROR: Error parsing configuration files
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/edi/setup-scripts/sources/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py”, line 201, in BBCooker.loadConfigurationData():
self.parseConfigurationFiles(self.configuration.prefile,

self.configuration.postfile)
except SyntaxError:
File “/edi/setup-scripts/sources/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py”, line 988, in BBCooker.parseConfigurationFiles(prefiles=, postfiles=):
if data.getVar(“BB_WORKERCONTEXT”, False) is None:
bb.fetch.fetcher_init(data)
bb.codeparser.parser_cache_init(data)
File “/edi/setup-scripts/sources/bitbake/lib/bb/fetch2/init.py”, line 465, in fetcher_init(d=<bb.data_smart.DataSmart object at 0x91f162c>):
pass
revs.clear()
else:
File “/edi/setup-scripts/sources/bitbake/lib/bb/persist_data.py”, line 147, in SQLTable.clear():
def clear(self):
self._execute(“DELETE FROM %s;” % self.table)

File “/edi/setup-scripts/sources/bitbake/lib/bb/persist_data.py”, line 66, in SQLTable._execute(*query=(‘DELETE FROM BB_URI_HEADREVS;’,)):
try:

return self.cursor.execute(*query)
except sqlite3.OperationalError as exc:
OperationalError: attempt to write a readonly database

Any idea ? i work on Linux Mint 16 (kind of ubuntu)
Thanks in advance,

Hello,

I have some problems following this instructions:
http://wind.cs.purdue.edu/doc/crosscompile.html

If I run MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh bitbake virtual/kernel as root the folowing erro appears:

Hi Robert,

Do not run this as root. Also, do exactly what the output says. Run the following command first:
. environment-angstrom-v2013.06
Note: there is a space between the dot and environment-angstrom-v2013.06.
Now run the command as a regular user.

Regards,
John

Hello John,

I figured out few hours ago :slight_smile: Indeed, user was the issue :slight_smile: But the mistake was that I took from repository as root so all the files were with that attribute.
I think we should make a wiki to have all this info together, not spending hours for poor or miss information. The Angstrom site is down… too bad.

Anyhow, on Linux Mint (or Ubuntu it’s the same thing) one should start all process under a regular user and use sudo when required.
Before running, apt-get g++ and texinfo.
Then wait to complete… 5 hours and still working on my notebook :slight_smile:

Thanks very much, great community!

I had the exact same problem and this post saved me a lot of time

thanks guys