Building Angstrom with OE without net connection

I’m sure this is a basic question and it’ll make you all wince but…

Is there a way to stop the build from deleteing the source files when building the kernel? I’m using the ./oe.sh bitbake method to build images but once complete I’m not seeing the kernel source. It means I can’t build without a network connection which is difficult due to not having an availabel connection at work I can use in my lunch hour.

Yep. Comment out the INHERIT += "rm_work" in setup-scripts/conf/local.conf

Mark

I'm sure this is a basic question and it'll make you all wince but...

Is there a way to stop the build from deleteing the source files when building the kernel? I'm using the ./oe.sh bitbake method to build images but once complete I'm not seeing the kernel source.

OK

It means I can't build without a network connection

And that's not true. You don't need a network connections after everything has finished downloading.

Hi Koen,

If I run the command

MACHINE=beaglebone ./oe.sh bitbake cloud9-gnome-image

and I have a network connection then everything compiles fine. However if I disconnect from the network and re-run the command the build fails because it can’t get to the mirrors etc. So the way everything is configured by default it doesn’t rebuild without a network connection, and all the kernel source files don’t seem to be on my local disc.

Do you mean if I make the change Mark is suggesting then my statement wouldn’t be true?

Pete