Buildroot with the BeagleBone

Hi again Robert,

Do you have any idea if your patches have been integrated with a Buildroot workflow? For example, if I wanted to take a vanilla kernel, apply your patches for the BeagleBone, and then generate an absolutely minimal image with just the basic elements required to boot the kernel with Busybox support, what would the optimal path be?

My eventual goal is an SD card image with the most recent supported kernel and with all of your patches applied, but with a bare minimum of services and installed applications and with full support for the BeagleBone's hardware (sysfs support for hardware PWM, full PRU support etc).

Warm regards (and Happy New Year)

Gregory Perry

So, build your minimal buildroot image... then using my scripts build
and copy the kernel image into it?

Regards,

Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 10:35 AM
To: Beagle Board
Subject: [beagleboard] Re: Buildroot with the BeagleBone

Hi again Robert,

Do you have any idea if your patches have been integrated with a Buildroot workflow? For example, if I wanted to take a vanilla kernel, apply your patches for the BeagleBone, and then generate an absolutely minimal image with just the basic elements required to boot the kernel with Busybox support, what would the optimal path be?

My eventual goal is an SD card image with the most recent supported kernel and with all of your patches applied, but with a bare minimum of services and installed applications and with full support for the BeagleBone's hardware (sysfs support for hardware PWM, full PRU support etc).

Warm regards (and Happy New Year)

So, build your minimal buildroot image... then using my scripts build
and copy the kernel image into it?

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/

Ok. So are the following instructions you sent the list a while back still the optimal route for that?

Ok. So are the following instructions you sent the list a while back still the optimal route for that?

Yes, your choice the am33x-v3.2 or am33x-v3.7 branch..

Regards,

Hi Molly,
I was unsucessful in integrating build root with robert latest kernel, build roots systemd integration is posing some crashes.
Can you please share with me any leads regarding the same.

Thanks,
pratap