C compiler(s) for Beaglebone Black (BBB)

What Linux C complier toolset(s) that can be used directly on the BBB? I am thinking that I might have to use the host PC (Ubuntu15,xx) and then load the compiled code on to the BBB (???).
I like the Python tools (no compilation needed) but I am not sure how one can incorporate using the interrupts (on the ARM) in a
Python environment development environment. So, I am thinking there are C complier tools that will work for the BBB.
My first BBB is scheduled to arrive Friday and I am looking forward to start using the BBB.

gcc is included in every OS that I have worked with on the BBB.
Have you googled python and interrupts? There is a LOT of info out there.
Also, you can take articles for the RPi (I know) and adapt.
Chad

What Linux C complier toolset(s) that can be used directly on the BBB? I am thinking that I might have to use the host PC (Ubuntu15,xx) and then load the compiled code on to the BBB (???).
I like the Python tools (no compilation needed) but I am not sure how one can incorporate using the interrupts (on the ARM) in a
Python environment development environment. So, I am thinking there are C complier tools that will work for the BBB.
My first BBB is scheduled to arrive Friday and I am looking forward to start using the BBB.

No idea what the official images come with( installed ), but just about anything you would need for C development can be installed via the package “build-essential”. So . . .

sudo apt-get install build-essential

This is includes gcc, make, libc6-dev, and more . . .