c6accel error in angstrom-v2012.05-yocto1.2

Hy

I try to compile the c6accel in angstrom-v2012.05-yocto1.2 tree with

MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh bitbake ti-c6accel

but get always a

ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (see …/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120a/temp/log.do_configure.32391 for further information)
make: *** No rule to make target `clean’. Stop.

(see c6accel_build_1.txt)

The c6accel recibe installs the c6accel directly into the folder …/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120 instead of …/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06 as it was in my previous angstrom.

If i copy the files installed in …/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120 into the folder …/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06 and run it again it starts to build c6accel but end again with a failure massage

| ======== Building c6accel_app ========
| Configuring application using omap3530/c6accel_app.cfg
|
| making package.mak (because of package.bld) …
| js: “./package.bld”, line 60: Error: template generation of ‘compiler.opt’ failed: Error: ‘/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp–eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux/usr//arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ld’ or '/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp–eglibc/sysroots/ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (see /home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp–eglibc/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120a/temp/log.do_compile.1294 for further information)
| i686-linux/usr//bin/ld’ cannot be found. Ensure that rootDir for the GCArmv5T target is set correctly in ./config.bld
| gmake: *** Deleting file package.mak'_ *| making package.mak (because of package.bld) ...* *| js: "./package.bld", line 60: Error: template generation of 'compiler.opt' failed: Error: '/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp--eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux/usr//arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ld' or '/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp--eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux/usr//bin/ld' cannot be found. Ensure that rootDir for the GCArmv5T target is set correctly in ./config.bld* _| gmake: *** Deleting file package.mak’
_| gmake: *** No rule to make target .configuro'. Stop._ *| Warning: directory "/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp--eglibc/sysroots/beagleboard/usr/share/ti/ti-dsplink-tree/packages" on package path does not exist* *| Warning: directory "/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp--eglibc/sysroots/beagleboard/usr/share/ti/ti-codecs-tree/packages" on package path does not exist* *| js: "/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp--eglibc/sysroots/beagleboard/usr/share/ti/ti-xdctools-tree/packages/xdc/tools/Cmdr.xs", line 51: Error: xdc.tools.configuro: configuration failed due to earlier errors (status = 2); 'linker.cmd' deleted.* <i>| make[2]: *** [c6accel_app_config/compiler.opt] Error 1</i> *| make[2]: Leaving directory /home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp–eglibc/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120a/c6accel_1_01_00_06/soc/app’*
| make[1]: *** [c6accel_app] Error 2
| make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp–eglibc/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120a/c6accel_1_01_00_06/soc’
| make: *** [c6accel] Error 2
NOTE: package ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120a: task do_compile: Failed
ERROR: Task 7 (/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/sources/meta-ti/recipes-ti/c6accel/ti-c6accel_1.01.00.06.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code ‘1’
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1326 tasks of which 1322 didn’t need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/sources/meta-ti/recipes-ti/c6accel/ti-c6accel_1.01.00.06.bb, do_compile
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

(see c6accel_build_2.txt)

It would be really nice if one could help me to get this to run.

c6accel_build_1.txt (4.39 KB)

c6accel_build_2.txt (26.3 KB)

Hy

I still try to get c6accel to run … any suggestions would be really nice.

Thanks

Wendelin

Hy

I still try to get c6accel to run … any suggestions would be really nice.

Can you be specific about what you’ve tried and what happened?

Hello Jason

I have a running Angstrom2008.1 with my own C6Accel library and application and want to use a newer kernel (2.6.32 is the old one), and so i decided to use a complete new version of Angstrom → angstrom-v2012.05 (angstrom-v2012.05-yocto1.2 tree)
I am able to build the console-image and now i try to build the TI packages to use C6Accel. It seems that all dependencies for c6accel build fine, but if i do a

MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh bitbake ti-c6accel

i get always a failure measage

see c6accel_build_1.txt

I discovered that OE expect the installed C6Accel in the folder

…/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120a/c6accel_1_01_00_06

but is installed in

…/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120a

So i gave it a try to copy the files into the folder

…/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120a/c6accel_1_01_00_06

which allowed OE to start compiling C6Accel but with another failure message

(see c6accel_build_2.txt)

| making package.mak (because of package.bld) …
| js: “./package.bld”, line 60: Error: template generation of ‘compiler.opt’ failed: Error: ‘/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp–eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux/usr//arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ld’ or '/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp–eglibc/sysroots/ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (see /home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp–eglibc/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120a/temp/log.do_compile.1294 for further information)
| i686-linux/usr//bin/ld’ cannot be found. Ensure that rootDir for the GCArmv5T target is set correctly in ./config.bld

I do not understand where this path

/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp–eglibc/sysroots/i686-linux/usr//arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ld

is coming from, as the installation is in

/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp–eglibc/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120a/c6accel_1_01_00_06/

I dont know whether i do something wrong or i just have to set some variables in OE files or anywhere else.

Hopefully this explains my problem and what i did.
It would be really nice if you could give me a helping hand on this or recommend me a different way.

Thanks a lot

Wendelin

c6accel_build_1.txt (4.39 KB)

c6accel_build_2.txt (26.3 KB)

Hello

I am still trying to compile C6Accel :frowning:
Actually i build the C6Accel by setting up the Rules.make file and build it with make all which finally states into a similar error:

======== Building c6accel_app ========
Configuring application using omap3530/c6accel_app.cfg

making package.mak (because of package.bld) …
js: “./package.bld”, line 60: Error: template generation of ‘compiler.opt’ failed: Error: ‘/opt/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_G++_Lite//arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld’ or ‘/opt/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_G++_Lite//bin/ld’ cannot be found. Ensure that rootDir for the GCArmv7A target is set correctly in ./config.bld
gmake: *** Deleting file package.mak'_ *making package.mak (because of package.bld) ...* *js: "./package.bld", line 60: Error: template generation of 'compiler.opt' failed: Error: '/opt/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_G++_Lite//arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld' or '/opt/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_G++_Lite//bin/ld' cannot be found. Ensure that rootDir for the GCArmv7A target is set correctly in ./config.bld* _gmake: *** Deleting file package.mak’
_gmake: *** No rule to make target .configuro'. Stop._ *Warning: directory "/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp--eglibc/sysroots/beagleboard/usr/share/ti/ti-dsplink-tree/packages" on package path does not exist* *Warning: directory "/packages" on package path does not exist* *js: "/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp--eglibc/sysroots/beagleboard/usr/share/ti/ti-xdctools-tree/packages/xdc/tools/Cmdr.xs", line 51: Error: xdc.tools.configuro: configuration failed due to earlier errors (status = 2); 'linker.cmd' deleted.* <i>make[2]: *** [c6accel_app_config/compiler.opt] Error 1</i> *make[2]: Leaving directory /home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp–eglibc/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120a/c6accel_1_01_00_06/soc/app’*
make[1]: *** [c6accel_app] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp–eglibc/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120a/c6accel_1_01_00_06/soc’
make: *** [c6accel] Error 2

I tried to adapt the config.bld file and set

longName = “/opt/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_G++_Lite/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc”;
tooldir = “”;

which state into another failure massage

======== Building c6accel_app ========
Configuring application using omap3530/c6accel_app.cfg

making package.mak (because of package.bld) …
js: “./package.bld”, line 60: Error: template generation of ‘compiler.opt’ failed: Error: ‘/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld’ or ‘/bin/ld’ cannot be found. Ensure that rootDir for the GCArmv7A target is set correctly in ./config.bld
gmake: *** Deleting file package.mak'_ _gmake: *** No rule to make target .configuro’. Stop.
Warning: directory “/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp–eglibc/sysroots/beagleboard/usr/share/ti/ti-dsplink-tree/packages” on package path does not exist
Warning: directory “/packages” on package path does not exist
js: “/home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp–eglibc/sysroots/beagleboard/usr/share/ti/ti-xdctools-tree/packages/xdc/tools/Cmdr.xs”, line 51: Error: xdc.tools.configuro: configuration failed due to earlier errors (status = 2); ‘linker.cmd’ deleted.
make[2]: *** [c6accel_app_config/compiler.opt] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory /home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp--eglibc/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120a/c6accel_1_01_00_06/soc/app'* <i>make[1]: *** [c6accel_app] Error 2</i> *make[1]: Leaving directory /home/kli/OE/Angstrom2/build/tmp–eglibc/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-c6accel-1_01_00_06-r120a/c6accel_1_01_00_06/soc’
make: *** [c6accel] Error 2

I do not understand where this paths come from and how to change them.

Any help would be really nice.

Thanks a lot

Wendelin

Hello Wendelin,

Were you able to make any progress on this error? I’m running into the same issue with compiling c6accel under yocto. All of the other dependencies compile fine. Some update on this would be helpful.

Thanks,

Miguel