camera for 24X7

Hi, I am Srikanta Mondal. Currently I am working on image processing in beagle board. I have a question. I want to add a camera (very cheap) which can perform a continuous feed of 24X7 for my live streaming project. Anyone please suggest me.

Thanking You
Srikanta Mondal.

It would help to know what you are looking for. Camera is a broad term as they come in all sorts of resolution, B&W or color. Which BeagleBoard do you have? If you read the SRM for the BeagleBoard-xM for example, it has pictures and part numbers for all sorts of cameras that plug in. Or you could use various USB cameras on the market. You just need to find one that has a Linux driver.

Gerald

Gerald Coley wrote:

It would help to know what you are looking for. Camera is a broad term as they come in all sorts of resolution, B&W or
color. Which BeagleBoard do you have? If you read the SRM for the BeagleBoard-xM for example, it has pictures and part
numbers for all sorts of cameras that plug in. Or you could use various USB cameras on the market. You just need to find
one that has a Linux driver.

it is more convenient to have you list all the possibilies and then pick one :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply. I think I shall use logitech USB webcam. If there is other alternative which is more economical plz tell me.

Thanking You
Srikanta Mondal

Well, there are a lot of them. The best one is the one that does the job and meets your budget.

Gerald

If you have the Beagleboard xM, you can use one of these: https://www.leopardimaging.com/Beagle_Board_xM_Camera.html

The VGA camera is less expensive than the Logitech webcam Pro 9000, but it all depends on what board you have and what you want to accomplish…