Can i use GPIO with Mono???

I need to know this before buy my beaglebone black :3

root@arm:~# apt-cache search mono |grep runtime
libmono-system-runtime-caching4.0-cil - Mono System.Runtime.Caching Library (for CLI 4.0)
libmono-system-runtime-durableinstancing4.0-cil - Mono System.Runtime.DurableInstancing Library (for CLI 4.0)
libmono-system-runtime-serialization-formatters-soap4.0-cil - Mono System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap Library (for CLI 4.0)
libmono-system-runtime-serialization4.0-cil - Mono System.Runtime.Serialization Library (for CLI 4.0)
libmono-system-runtime2.0-cil - Mono System.Runtime Library (for CLI 2.0)
libmono-system-runtime4.0-cil - Mono System.Runtime library (for CLI 4.0)
libmono-microsoft-visualbasic10.0-cil - Visual Basic 2010 runtime libraries for Mono
libmono-microsoft-visualbasic8.0-cil - Visual Basic 2005 runtime libraries for Mono
libopus0 - Opus codec runtime library
python-all - package depending on all supported Python runtime versions
python3-all - package depending on all supported Python 3 runtime versions

So long as one of those runtimes supports file/directory reading / writting it should be possible. I’ll let you do the research.

We have a fairly involved app written in mono that we have ported over from Windows .NET. The most significant issue we ran into had to do with support of floating point hardware in mono for the ARM processor. It was necessary to recompile mono with a patch that is out there somewhere (I’d have to look it up at this point), for certain functions in postgreql and datetime formatting to work. Also, httpwebrequest with ssl is less easygoing than it is in .NET. You need to actually have certificates present or explicitly ignore the request for them. There are probably a few other quirks of this sort, but nothing that should be a show stopper. Certainly ordinary file and directory reading and writing should be no problem, if that’s what you need.