Can't get Dallas 1wire to present a device

Hi!
I’m trying to forward port some stuff to latest uboot and kernel. Part of it relies on Dallas 1Wire. But I can’t seem to get devices to appear on the bus. Here’s what I’ve done

Ensure have the latest overlays

$ git clone https://github.com/BeagleBoard/bb.org-overlays.git
$ cd bb.overlays
$ ./install.sh

$cat /boot/uEnv

uname_r=4.19.25-ti-r16
enable_uboot_overlays=1

disable_uboot_overlay_emmc=1
disable_uboot_overlay_video=1
disable_uboot_overlay_audio=1
disable_uboot_overlay_wireless=1
disable_uboot_overlay_adc=1
enable_uboot_cape_universal=1
uboot_overlay_addr0=/lib/firmware/BB-W1-P9.12-00A0.dtbo
cmdline=coherent_pool=1M

During boot, everything seems good:

[ 2.781427] Driver for 1-wire Dallas network protocol.

The /sys/bus directory is structured right:

$ ls /sys/bus/w1/
devices drivers drivers_autoprobe drivers_probe uevent

But there’s nothing under devices:
$ ls -la /sys/bus/w1/devices/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 28 13:15 .
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 0 Jan 1 2000 …
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Mar 28 13:15 w1_bus_master1 → …/…/…/devices/w1_bus_master1

I’m confident that my test sensor I have attached is working, as it is correctly being addressed by an Arduino board when I connect it to that (by taking the jumper pins off the BBB and onto the Arduino).

ROM = XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
Chip = DS18B20
Data = 1 3F 1 4B 46 7F FF C 10 F3 CRC=F3
Temperature = 19.94 Celsius, 67.89 Fahrenheit

If someone could confirm that they are currently on 4.19 and can test P9_12 for 1wire and that it is indeed working for them (or not!) it’d be appreciated (I discovered my difficulties back on 4.14 and thought maybe I should try a later kernel…). I’m getting to my wits end here. About the only thing I’ve not fully looked up is whether the 4.7k resistor is needed on the BBB, but from my testing neither works anyway so erm… help please?

Cheers,

Pete.

Hi Pete,
The problem is that as you’re actually working upside down, the mirror you’re using to orient things presents a backward image. So what you’ve been thinking of P9_12 is actually P8_35. Also, I don’t like your chances of getting anything out of P8_44 as a usable voltage and not treating P8+46 as ground may damage your device but ymmv…

massive self facepalm

P.

P.S. Just to be clear, I self diagnosed within seconds of posting. Yes, I do.