Changes done in uboot source code or Kernel source code not getting reflected onto Serial console

Dear beaglebone black community,

1. As am newbie in using ti-sdk-am335x-evm-07.00.00.00 where we have uboot & source code , when am trying to modify the uboot & kernel source code ie., am trying to add printks in the source code , compiled & flashed the images onto SD card but am unable to see the print messages that I have added onto the serial console,

Could any body please let me know why I am unable to see the print messages onto the console or am I missing any uboot or kernel configurations that is to be done inorder to see the print messages onto the console

Could you please provide me the detailed steps related to compiling & flashing the images onto SD card or Nand with any uboot or kernel configurations inorder to see my print messgaes onto the console

1. As am newbie to device tree concept as earlier was using board files, Could any body please let me know what is the difference between board file & device tree,
    Could any body please help me do how to gain the quick understanding of device tree in uboot & linux kernel ti-sdk-am335x-evm-07.00.00.00 & what is significance of uboot & kernel device tree when it would be required & how to modify it

Awaiting for your replies
Many Thanks in advance,

Hi srini,

Did you got the resolution for this?

Regards,
Purushotham