Changes needed to use PRUSS with kernel 3.14

I have a user of my cape who tried to use the 3.14 beaglebone black based Debian image. My instructions were for 3.8 so didn’t work. So far I have been unable to find a good summary on what I would need to do to convert configuring using /sys/devices/bone_capemgr.* to the method used for 3.14. Is 3.14 configuration still in flux so I should tell him to stick with 3.8 for a while or is it reasonable now to convert? If so where do I find the information on how to convert? I am using the PRUSS and various I/O pins including the audio pins.

What I found was using dtb-rebuilder to make a new device tree file for the board. So far all I have been able to do is get errors like
Error: src/arm/mfm_read-00A0.dtsi:1.5-15 syntax error. Is dtb-rebuilder the proper way or is a better way available?

My board operated in two modes where I loaded the proper config file at run time. Will people have to be putting in a new dtb file when they wish to change mode and reboot?

(My cape http://www.pdp8online.com/mfm/dip_board/board_desc.shtml#swinstall)

I've just used dtb-rebuilder yesterday for the first time myself. Make sure you select the correct branch of dtb-rebuilder, and maybe post your .dtsi file?

Down grade to v3.8.x: (as said by Robert C Nelson)

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install linux-image-3.8.13-bone68
sudo reboot