Chrome update has made using google groups painful

I've updated my main desktop system and the "latest" Chrome browser is making Google Groups hard to use. Seem to have lost the option to quote messages among other things.

I'm uisng: Version 51.0.2704.106 (64-bit)

Any non-obvious setting that I've missed? Its logged into my gmail fine, and recovered all my bookmarks.

Chrome version Version 51.0.2704.103 m (64-bit) here . . .

I’ve updated my main desktop system and the “latest” Chrome browser is making Google Groups hard to use. Seem to have lost the option to quote messages among other things.
I’m uisng: Version 51.0.2704.106 (64-bit)
Any non-obvious setting that I’ve missed? Its logged into my gmail fine, and recovered all my bookmarks.

Can quote fine/

  • 1

  • 2

  • 3

So, looks to be workign fine, and since I do not run chrome as my main browser I’ll update it rigth now and check back again.

Version 51.0.2704.106 m (64-bit)

Google Chrome is up to date.

I’ve updated my main desktop system and the “latest” Chrome browser is making Google Groups hard to use. Seem to have lost the option to quote messages among other things.
I’m uisng: Version 51.0.2704.106 (64-bit)
Any non-obvious setting that I’ve missed? Its logged into my gmail fine, and recovered all my bookmarks.

Of course this is from gmail . . . suppose I should go directly to the google group . . .

Appreciate the help! It worked fine with the initial version of Chrome for Ubuntu-MATE 16.04, but a few days ago there was an update and google groups seems to have lost most features for me. I'll check again on the old notebook I used for my initial test installation, I don't think its been updated yet.

What is your Chrome browser version?

I’ve updated my main desktop system and the “latest” Chrome browser is making Google Groups hard to use. Seem to have lost the option to quote messages among other things.
I’m uisng: Version 51.0.2704.106 (64-bit)
Any non-obvious setting that I’ve missed? Its logged into my gmail fine, and recovered all my bookmarks.

I’d say it’s somehow you Wally. I have the normal editor as I usually have when using firefox . . .

Same as yours. It’s at the top of the post just before you last post. However, I’m running Windows 8 pro x64, so definitely different. Despite using the same version of chrome.

You could try purging the browser cache and see if that helps clear things up. Sometimes browser caches get messed up, and depending on which browser you’re running, and settings you’ve chosen. The browser may not update the cache for a long time.

Truly weird, works as expected on the notebook, which is also the same Chrome version, so apparently the update was a bit longer ago than I remembered.

Note the quoting worked here.

I’ll try clearing the cache and check if I’d changed a setting somewhere on the new system.

Thanks again for the help, knowing it wasn’t the Chrome version helped.

–wally.

I’ve been a loyal Chrome user for years, but just recently on my Mac, Chrome is a real memory and cpu hog, so I changed to Opera, which is fast and works great. I just installed it on my Ubuntu Desktop and it is now my default browser. You should try it.

Regards,
John

Mystery solved, although I’ve no clue how or why it happened.

Clearing the cache didn’t change anything, then I noticed that on the new Desktop I was browsing:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!categories/beagleboard

While on the notebook I was browsing:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!categories/beagleboard

How or what the ,.forum/m/… got there or means I’ve no idea, but changing the link was the fix!