Client-side file sharing (nfs/samba/cifs/sshfs) on Angstrom?

Has anyone succeeded in getting a BeagleBone Black Angstrom to map a filesystem to any kind of server? NFS, CIFS/Samba, sshfs, other?

Pointers?

Thanks!
-Jim

I was irritated that the current angstrom kernel doesn’t support CIFS to be able to access shares on my windows machines. I’ve run the command “opkg install samba swat” and it installed both Samba and the Samba Web Administration Tool, but I’ve not yet taken the time to configure it for my needs.

This works on Debian, but I must say that ntfs reads over CIFS / SMB are ridiculously slow … something like 600k/s. Where as doing the opposite( NFS sharing from host to BBB ) nearly maxes the ethernet connection speed limit. Of course this requires a Linux host of some sort . . . VM with Linux, or just a dedicated machine.

Thanks for the input. I’d love to see any sample configurations anyone has gotten working for either CIFS or NFS.

Can’t say for Angstrom, but with Ubuntu or Debian it is as simple as making sure the packages exist ( they do for Debian for sure ), and find any old ( working ) random howto on the web. In this context architecture doesnt matter. So long as the packages exist.

oh, and yeah plus apt-get install nfs portmap, or whichever packages are being used for this. Same applies for Samba apt-get install SMB ( apt-cache search Samba may be required to find the actual package names - as I do not recall off the top of my head) <— However, again, any random applicable web based howto would clear this up directly…

I know this post is old, but here is how I got CIFS working.

-With Angstrom booted on eMMC I put mSD card with Robert Nelson’s Ubuntu image on it into mmc slot.
mkdir /mnt/sd1
mkdir /mnt/sd2
mount /dev/mmcblk1p1 /mnt/sd1
mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /mnt/sd2
cd /mnt/sd1
mkimage -A arm -O linux -T kernel -C none -a 0x80008000 -e 0x80008000 -n kernel -d ./zImage ./uImage
cp uImage /boot
cp -r /mnt/sd2/lib/modules /lib/
depmod -a

Now I can mount folders on my Windows network with:
mount -t cifs -o username=“username”,password="
password" //server/share /mnt/directory

Thanks. This worked for me with the latest Angstrom install. The hardest part was installing mkimage…

Hogg brother…pls let me know how u did ? through Angstrom?? or any other…waiting for ur reply.

It got samba to work on Angstrom but I later switched to debian for other compatibility reasons.
Hope this helps.

Dear Hogg,
i m new , pls provide me steps how u have mounted windows network drives on Angstrom…i m trying but dont know what i m missing to do…