(Clone) [Insteon Hub Pro] Flashing eMMC help

I don’t think that serial access will help at this point. I’ve wiped the SD card and started over, and when I boot from the SD card using the standard 4GB image, everything works fine and I can access it over Ethernet. It just won’t flash completely (it seems to flash partially, meaning that I’ve lost the initial installation). Unless having access to the serial terminal might allow me to get it to flash?

But that it’s not a true BBB might explain why some revisions of this board will flash, and some won’t. Looks like I have one that won’t. Hub Pro 2243 Question · Issue #63 · kuestess/homebridge-platform-insteonlocal · GitHub

Which doesn’t bother me—leaving the SD card in is no big loss—but what does bother me is that I have to force it to boot from the SD every time it loses power (right?). Is there any way to convince it to always boot from SD without having to hold down S2?

Based on that, it looks to be a 2GB eMMC, so when you try to flash it, make sure you are using a “2GB” image, and not a “4GB” image, as that will not fit…

Those would be the “minimal” images here: https://forum.beagleboard.org/tag/bbbio_debian

Regards,

Oh, geez, how obvious. I’ll give it a try! Thanks!

Okay, so when I try to boot from that, the light comes on solid for several seconds, and then goes out. And the device isn’t showing up on the network.

1 Like

Okay, the next step would be to connect to that 5 pin serial header, then we can see what the image is trying to do…

Regards,

1 Like

Thanks. I think I’ll just stick with booting from the SD card for now. Maybe I can follow these instructions to make it boot from the SD by default. Unless someone knows a better way?

if you can boot a standard microSD image, then the flasher would also work…

It’s up to you… without wiring up the serial console you’ll just keep on guessing…

Regards,

Hm. Looks like you’re right. Why are you right? Why does changing the boot flag not work if it won’t flash?

Let me know when you have a serial access to the board to debug…

Regards,