This is with respect to becoming a student contributor to the beagle community. I’m a twenty year old hardware/software developer currently in my 3rd year of Engineering. I have been involved with embedded systems for over two and half years now, from Arduino Uno to Arduino Due to Raspberry PI. A couple of months back I got a Beaglebone Black on my hands and I absolutely loved it.
I went through the last years ideas list and had a look at the code contributed (Anuj’s user space arduino library for BBB really caught my attention) and I believe I can maintain that quality of code. I have also been “snooping” around all the Beaglebone forums and Google groups to get to know the community!!
I want to know how to start contributing to the beagle community, and how to go about participating in the GSoC for Beaglebone (the best way to spend my summer ).
and some more specific questions :
- Can we suggest our own ideas? ( I have had a look at quite a few BBB related repos of github, few interested me a LOT )
- Can I start contributing before GSoC (I’ll need pointers to what I could contribute to)?
I’m good with : Python, C (Linux system programming included ), Java, ARM assembly
And I’m starting to learn C++
I’d love to contribute anything along the lines of :
- BBIO (python bindings from Alexander Hiam look good),
- IoT ( Internet of things - like webiopi for the raspberryPI ),
- Libraries to help program the PRU (pyprucss is something I liked ).
Any help appreciated