Control and monitor Beaglebone from azure

Hi,

I’m looking to talk to my beaglebone over an azure virtual machine, (external network).

Are there any good tutorials on how to control a beaglebone from the web.

I’ve been searching the web for about three hours and haven’t found anything suitable yet.

Thanks,
Seán

Hmm… Not much response.

I came across this : https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/server-cloud/internet-of-things/azure-iot-suite.aspx

Anyone tried it out?

My guess is that most people here use Linux and don’t like proprietary solutions like Azure. I had a look at the demo, and I don’t see any value in what they are offering. You can do the same thing with Angularjs, D3.js, which are all open source and simple to interface with BBB.

Regards,
John

Beaglebone and Azure are not a problem, Azure is a generic Microsoft branded cloud resource, which you can run locally.

For reference, I have a mixed stack of Linux and Windows servers running on a Microsoft Hyper-V Server stack. Node.js and C#.net (mono) are common across all the platforms. There is no charge for the basic hyper-V server, you just pay for the Microsoft licensed products you have running on it. There is no limit to the Linux resources you have running. Unless you want Visual Studio supporting Windows 10 IoT or SQL Server there is no compelling need for Microsoft anything. Libvirt and KVM are a good substitute for Hyper-V.

Generic Hyper-V Server SKU: 10586.0.151029-1700.TH2_RELEASE_SERVERHYPERCORE_OEM_X64FRE_EN-US

I haven’t found anything on Azure that I can’t already do locally using a stack of Microsoft and Linux servers and desktops except for the big data analytics offerings. If you need access to Microsoft products as a developer, you can subscribe to one of their MAPS programs.

Beaglebone and Azure are not a problem, Azure is a generic Microsoft branded cloud resource, which you can run locally.

From a technological perspective perhaps. But on an IP owned by whom perspective it’s a huge problem for many.