Cross Compile from Ubuntu on PC

I got the TI sdk for beagle bone black here. http://www.ti.com/tool/linuxezsdk-sitara
I selected Linux EZSDK for Beaglebone Black. I successfully set up eclipse and it all
works fine if I static link. However if I don’t it doesn’t work. My assumption then is that
my helloworld program will not dynamically link with Angstrom on beagle bone black. Do you think that is true
they are not compatible??? Perhaps it would work if Ubuntu was running on Beaglebone
Black? Any ideas.

Not sure if my reply is relevant to your problem.

I am using Eclipse (Indigo) on Ubuntu 12.04 (64 bit), I have been able to configure Eclipse for cross-compilation for the beaglebone black. I followed the video tutorials given on derek malloy’s site.

WIth the eclipse I am able to cross-compile programs for the beaglebone black, I can also setup the remote explorer view in eclipse to directly access the BBB’s folders.

thanks
a

I had the same problem. In my opinion it’s related to the cross compiler tool chain and the floating point unit on the target.

I changed my to tool chain according to the following http://www.lvr.com/eclipse1.htm and everything works fine.

This installs the following cross compiler:

arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ --version
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ (crosstool-NG linaro-1.13.1-4.7-2013.03-20130313 - Linaro GCC 2013.03) 4.7.3 20130226 (prerelease)

The extention hf in gnueabihf indicate that it uses “hard floating point”

Thanks that got it going and the debugger is working so it seems. I do get these warnings though when the debugger terminates. Any ideas???

warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.
The target endianness is set automatically (currently little endian)
Cannot access memory at address 0x0
warning: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6': Shared library architecture unknown is not compatible with target architecture arm. warning: .dynamic section for "/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6" is not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?) warning: /lib/libm.so.6’: Shared library architecture unknown is not compatible with target architecture arm.
warning: .dynamic section for “/lib/libm.so.6” is not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)
warning: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1': Shared library architecture unknown is not compatible with target architecture arm. warning: .dynamic section for "/lib/libgcc_s.so.1" is not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?) warning: /lib/libc.so.6’: Shared library architecture unknown is not compatible with target architecture arm.
warning: .dynamic section for “/lib/libc.so.6” is not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for /lib/ld-linux.so.3.
Do you need “set solib-search-path” or “set sysroot”?
Quit

Hello,

You could have a look on this: http://www.claus.com.ar/2012/06/setting-up-eclipse-for-cc-development.html
The last paragraph is about problem on shared library.