Cross compile instructions for MT7601U (Logic Supply UWN200) Kernel Module for Beagles running Ubuntu

Hey all,

Here’s my “Cross compile instructions for MT7601U (Logic Supply UWN200) Kernel Module for Beagles running Ubuntu”

Been searching for a decent Wireless Adapter (that MIGHT have a product life cycle longer than that of a fruit fly) to include with a product I am developing on embedded arm systems.

Right now, the UWN200 (MT7601U) from Logic Supply is fitting the bill.

I have found instructions on how to build the MT7601U driver natively on the Beaglebone, but that’s just silly. I am developing for the Beaglebone, but I don’t want to BUILD on the Beaglebone.

These are the steps I’ve taken to successfully build and use the MT7601U module under Linux on an ARM system. They may be unclear, unrefined, unorganized, and quite possibly unintelligible, but since the question “How-to” seems to be asked a lot and hasn’t been answered (I had to figure this out all my self :wink: I thought I would post my steps.

I am interested in further refining this howto because I think this is a killer component combo.

So far, I have gotten this adapter to connect to a WPA2 network on boot and operate for 12 hours straight.

Enjoy!

Cross compile instructions for MT7601U (Logic Supply) Kernel Module for Beagles running Ubuntu

Very appreciate for your instructions, dude! By the way, do you know how to connect Wi-Fi network by using iwpriv command suite? I have tried every usage in tutorial, but it doesn’t work!

在 2013年12月21日星期六 UTC+8上午7:56:48,Corey McGuire写道: