Cross compile using Qt5.X on Ubuntu 14.04 for Beagle Bone Black (Debian-Jessie)

Hello Folks,
I’m having a lot problems cross compiling from my Host PC which is an AMD x86 computer (HOST) with Ubuntu 14.04 TLS installed on it. I am trying to cross compile to my BeagleBone Black (TARGET) which has Debian-Jessie installed on it.

During cross compiling with Qt5.3 to my BBB, I was getting errors regarding the libQt5 files being the wrong format.The error message I receive is “cannot execute binary file, exec format error”.

Does anyone know how to cross compile correctly with Qt5.X from a host x86 computer which has Ubuntu 14.04 installed to a BeagleBone Black- Debian Jessie?
I would really appreciate your help in this urgent matter.

Thanks
Tim

Hello Folks,
I'm having a lot problems cross compiling from my Host PC which is an AMD
x86 computer (HOST) with Ubuntu 14.04 TLS installed on it. I am trying to
cross compile to my BeagleBone Black (TARGET) which has Debian-Jessie
installed on it.

During cross compiling with Qt5.3 to my BBB, I was getting errors regarding
the libQt5 files being the wrong format.The error message I receive is
"cannot execute binary file, exec format error".

"gnueabihf" compiler....

Does anyone know how to cross compile correctly with Qt5.X from a host x86
computer which has Ubuntu 14.04 installed to a BeagleBone Black- Debian
Jessie?
I would really appreciate your help in this urgent matter.

Regards,

Hello Robert,
Can you please direct me to the correct weblink where I can get “gnueabihf” compiler from?

Thanks
Tim

https://wiki.debian.org/CrossToolchains

In general the cross compiler won’t know about system packages such as Qt so you can get horrible
incompatibility problems if you accidentally use those of the host as opposed to the target. Complete
build system such as bitbake deal with all this sort of stuff, but if you want something simpler you can
use “debootstrap” which can download the appropriate headers etc for the target system.

Cheers Steve.

Hello Wulf Man
Thanks for the link. I already went through it step by step and still having issues cross comping from x86 to the ARM BBB. is there a way to check what perhaps libraries or modules I am missing?
This is really getting frustrating and I have checked and rechecked all the pertinent files.

Thanks
Tim

everything there should get you going

what errors are you getting ?

Hi Wulf Man

I am currently working with Tim on this project, I am currently running into an issue installing crossbuild-essential-armhf, with the following error:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
crossbuild-essential-armhf : Depends: libc6-dev:armhf but it is not installable
Depends: gcc-arm-linuxgnueabihf (>= 4.9.1-1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: g+±arm-linuxgnueabihf (>= 4.9.1-1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Any insight would be much appreciated

Hi...
Not sure about the error..
Did you try downloading linaro pre built tool chain..