Cross Compiling QT libraries for development under UBUNTU.

Good evening.

I’m trying to do some QT development for the Beagleboard XM running Angstrom. I am attempting to compile the QT libraries using the instructions provided at http://treyweaver.blogspot.com/2010/10/setting-up-qt-development-environment.html. I have downloaded qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.2 and extracted the file set. However, when I do a make, I am able to do a .configure without issue, but when I try to make the code, I receive the following error message:
++ -c -pipe -fno-exceptions -O2 -fPIC -Wall -W -DQT_BOOTSTRAPPED -DQT_LITE_UNICODE -DQT_NO_CAST_FROM_ASCII -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_NO_DATASTREAM -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT -DQT_NO_LIBRARY -DQT_NO_QOBJECT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_SYSTEMLOCALE -DQT_NO_TEXTSTREAM -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_USING_NAMESPACE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -I…/…/…/mkspecs/qws/linux-x86-g++ -I. -I…/…/…/include -I…/…/…/include/QtCore -I…/…/…/include/QtXml -o .obj/release-static-emb-arm/qbytearray.o …/…/corelib/tools/qbytearray.cpp
…/…/corelib/tools/qbytearray.cpp:54:18: fatal error: zlib.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [.obj/release-static-emb-arm/qbytearray.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/wws/Downloads/qtsource/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.2/src/tools/bootstrap’
make: *** [sub-tools-bootstrap-make_default-ordered] Error 2

Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong versus the instructions, and / or what may be misconfigured with my cross compilation setup?

Thanks,

Walt

This is what I did successfully:
Install Toolchain and Qt Embedded for Beagleboard-xM

Reference link: http://treyweaver.blogspot.com/2010/10/setting-up-qt-development-environment.html
http://mfcoding.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/beagleboard-xm-compiling-qt-embedded/

Details:
Toolchain: angstrom-2011.03-i686-linux-armv7a-linux-gnueabi-toolchain-qte-4.6.3.tar.bz2
Qt Embedded: qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.4.tar.gz

Step 1: Update and install libraries:
sudo apt-get install libgmp3-dev libmpfr-dev zlib1g-dev libncurses5-dev

Step 2: Go to the download directory and run:
sudo tar -xvj -C / -f angstrom-2011.03-i686-linux-armv7a-linux-gnueabi-toolchain-qte-4.6.3.tar.bz2

Step 3: Unzip the tar file you just downloaded. Go into the download directory and execute:
tar -xvzf qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.4.tar.gz

Step 4: Go to folder: qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.4:
cd qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.4
and make a new mkspecs directory for the BeagleBoard Processor:
cp -R mkspecs/qws/linux-arm-g++/ mkspecs/qws/linux-dm3730-g++/

Step 5: Edit the /mkspecs/qws/linux-dm3730-g++/qmake.conf

Really great tutorial! I’m sure all people appreciate when somebody can put hands into dirt and then share all experience with the community

Good luck with Qt development!

my beagleboard’s distribution is ubuntu10.04;and l installed gcc4.3.2 arm-none-gnueabi-g++ when compile qt l got this:
make[1]: *** [.obj/release-shared-emb-arm/qatomic_arm.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
g++: error trying to exec ‘cc1plus’: execvp: No such file or directory
Assembler messages:
Fatal error: Invalid -march= option: armv7-a' Assembler messages: Fatal error: Invalid -march= option: armv7-a’
make[1]: *** [.obj/release-shared-emb-arm/qfutureinterface.o] Error 1
Assembler messages:
Fatal error: Invalid -march= option: armv7-a' make[1]: *** [.obj/release-shared-emb-arm/qfuture.o] Error 1 make[1]: *** [.obj/release-shared-emb-arm/qfuturesynchronizer.o] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory /home/tsang/downloads/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.4/src/corelib’
make: *** [sub-corelib-make_default-ordered] Error 2