Custom Board Bring Up

I intend to make a custom board with the DM chip. Can someone tell me how to go about doing board bring up.

What knowledge or prerequisites are there? I mean what all things i should know how to do, before i can take this task up.

Any material i can refer to?

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Depends on what is on your board. I would say be an expert in Linux and understand every aspect of the design and what every circuit on the board does. Depending on where the SW comes from and what else is on this board, knowledge of JTAG will be need be good. Basically, if you are asking questions on how to bring up your own design, it appears to me you are at least missing confidence as to what you are attempting to do.

Gerald

Yes, i am a novice when it comes to using Linux, just a starter. I do have good understanding of hardware, but not linux. It would be a design on DM368 or on DM3730.

Bring up is all about software first. SW makes the HW do its thing. I would recommend trying to figure out the solution to your SW issues first. If you were to copy the BeagleBoard-xM EXACTLY, and you do it right, bring up should not be an issue. You will then have to figure out how to test all the other circuits that you may have added to the board.

Gerald