Custom built debian flasher Image not working

Hi

I have a custom built debian flasher image which is not flashing the emmc. The image has the lxde related and node packages removed. I have added halevt, xinit, chkconfig and oracle jre to the image. The non flasher version of the image is working fine but not the flasher version.

Please help,

Regards
viraniac

Hi,

I am really hoping Robert or someone else will be able to help me on this. My guess for this is that halevt is keeping the partitions of emmc mounted which might be causing the script to fail. Another reason can be that I have disabled the root account. But as my custom GUI is running as root, I don’t think the flasher script should have a problem running as root.

If you guys need, I can upload the scripts that I modified for my own customizations.

Regards
viraniac

Hi,

Alright, got it was due to my keyboard being plugged in. Its strange though that this can be a issue while flashing.

Thanks for help.

Regards
viraniac

You probably ran out of power. rsync (which is used) will fully
utlize both the eMMC and microSD during the procedure. Any random
loss of power will make the script fail.

Like the directions say, only connect dc "power", no capes, no usb
devices, (ethernet is fine), to guarentee 100% flashing.

Regards,

Hi Robert,

Actually as it turned out, it was not a problem of power or keyboard. My initial analysis was wrong. It worked one time that got me thinking about this being keyboard fault, but it wasn’t. I searched for the term emmc and flash in the filenames on my sd card and finally found the log file. The log file had a error rsync error

chgrp failed: operation not permitted

I checked the /tmp/boot and found that the owner of the files was root and group owner was plugdev. So I modified the emmc flasher script to stop the halevt service, and now its working fine.

Thanks for replying. Please also reply to the locales issue in the other thread.

Regards
viraniac