Disable boot of SD Card

Hi all,

I have a BBB and have flashed the latest Debian image. By default it will still boot off the SD card if it is inserted and has a valid boot image on it. I want to disable this behaviour so that it always boots off the eMMC flash.
I understand that I have to modify the uEnv.txt settings to achieve this but can anyone give me some help on what settings I need to change?

Thanks

insert/mount microSD:

sudo rm ./uEnv.txt
sudo rm ./boot.scr
sudo rm ./boot/boot.scr
sudo rm ./boot/uEnv.txt

All documented here:

http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:U-boot_partitioning_layout_2.0

Regards,

Thanks Robert.
Yes that will work but I also want it to boot from the eMMC flash even if the SD card is inserted and there is a valid boot partition on it.
Cheers,
Jeremy

Then un-patch u-boot...

Regards,

Thanks Robert.
Yes that will work but I also want it to boot from the eMMC flash even if the SD card is inserted and there is a valid boot partition on it.
Cheers,
Jeremy

Jeremy, What are your concerns here ? If you’re just worried about the boot flag being set . . .

sudo fdisk /dev/sdx <— make sure you get the path to the sdcard correct.

a

w

q

Hi William,

No concens. Just want to have bootable image on the SDCard but boot from eMMC by default. Then press boot button to boot from SD Card.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Hi, have you ever solved this problem ? Because i’m facing this exact issue myself, and i’d love to know if there is a known solution.

Best Regards, Greg.

W dniu środa, 29 lipca 2015 02:44:19 UTC+2 użytkownik Jeremy Simon napisał:

HI Greg,

Thank You !