DSP BIOS - reg.

Hi,

I'm new to DSP BIOS/Link. I found that, in linux side we have a DSP link driver which will communicate with the DSP side and offload the work to DSP. Following are the questions.

1. So far from my understanding, DSP BIOS is OS which will reside in DSP ROM. Is this correct?

2. I want to know whether the DSP BIOS OS is already there in the Beagle Board DSP? If we have to flash it how to do using CCS?

Regards,
Mekas

Meenakshi Kumar S wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to DSP BIOS/Link. I found that, in linux side we have a DSP link driver which will communicate with the DSP side and offload the work to DSP. Following are the questions.

1. So far from my understanding, DSP BIOS is OS which will reside in DSP ROM. Is this correct?

No, the DSP has no ROM for itself. DSP BIOS is loaded to memory by the ARM side DSP driver and then started.

2. I want to know whether the DSP BIOS OS is already there in the Beagle Board DSP? If we have to flash it how to do using CCS?

No, see above.

Regards,

Vladimir

Vladimir Pantelic wrote:

Meenakshi Kumar S wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to DSP BIOS/Link. I found that, in linux side we have a DSP 
link driver which will communicate with the DSP side and offload the 
work to DSP. Following are the questions.

1. So far from my understanding, DSP BIOS is OS which will reside in DSP 
ROM. Is this correct?

No, the DSP has no ROM for itself. DSP BIOS is loaded to memory by the ARM side DSP driver and then started.

2. I want to know whether the DSP BIOS OS is already there in the Beagle 
Board DSP? If we have to flash it how to do using CCS?

No, see above.

Thanks… Where can i get the information regarding DSP BIOS and DSP LINK driver for Linux? Any documentation is there? I want to understand DSP BIOS and DSP LINK… I’m able to get the DSP LINK code. I want to understand the concepts.

Kindly help me.

Regards,
Mekas

Meenakshi Kumar S wrote:

Thanks.. Where can i get the information regarding DSP BIOS and DSP LINK driver for Linux? Any documentation is there? I want to understand DSP BIOS and DSP LINK.. I'm able to get the DSP LINK code. I want to understand the concepts.

http://tiexpressdsp.com/wiki/index.php?title=Building_DSPLink

There is also a new book: http://www.ti.com/dummiesbook