Easy way to fix uname_r?

I accidentally set uname_r to something bad in /boot/uEnv.txt. It took me an hour to figure out what U-boot was doing and to painstakingly re-create that, fixing uname_r and then booting the system.

Is there an easy way to override uname_r in /boot/uEnv.txt on the eMMC (or dtb)?

Also, how do you set really long environment variable values via the serial console in U-boot?

Thanks,

I accidentally set uname_r to something bad in /boot/uEnv.txt. It took me an hour to figure out what U-boot was doing and to painstakingly re-create that, fixing uname_r and then booting the system.

Is there an easy way to override uname_r in /boot/uEnv.txt on the eMMC (or dtb)?

For these types of mistakes, just plug in the usb otg connector. On
failure to find the *.dtb/zImage etc from a mistype uname_r the eMMC
"should" show up as a usb flash device on the host pc..

Also, how do you set really long environment variable values via the serial console in U-boot?

very carefully... copy from gedit/kate..

Regards,

For these types of mistakes, just plug in the usb otg connector. On
failure to find the *.dtb/zImage etc from a mistype uname_r the eMMC
"should" show up as a usb flash device on the host pc..

Is that the full-size host port on the SD card end? I forgot to try that, since I had a wifi dongle in there. The mini port on the Ethernet end just gave me a USB gadget.

very carefully... copy from gedit/kate..

Haha okay.