Enabling CAN and GPIOs at the same time.

We are using a Beaglebone Black rev-C and need to have both DCAN1 and some of the GPIOs enabled at the same time.

So we’ve tried loading both the BB-CAN1-00A0 and the univ-emmc-00A0 overlays. That of course does not work since P9.24 and P9.26 conflict
between the two. So I modified univ-emmc-00A0.dts to not configure P9.24 and P9.26.

Both overlays load and the GPIOs work fine. But dcan1 does not. If I do not load univ-emmc-00A0 and only load BB-CAN1-00A0, dcan1 works great but I loose my GPIOs.

CAN also does not work if I just load univ-emmc-00A0 and manually configure P9.24 and P9.26 to “can” using the config-pin script.
(Not working means no data transferred when monitoring with a logic analyzer.)

Since this is my first time with dts files, I must be missing something here. Any hints would be appreciated.

–Charles Johnson

DISCLAIMER: This email correspondence and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information intended only for the use of the designated recipient(s) listed above and is the property of ZincFive, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient(s) of this message, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender immediately.

You’re probably not going to get a responce until you give the exact source you’re having problems with, and the commands used to compile from source.