Error in Capemgr docs?

On this page:

http://elinux.org/Capemgr

It says "Each BeagleBone capes has an EEPROM on SPI bus 0 which contains information about the cape". But I think it's on i2c bus 2, isn't it?

It’s a wiki, submit a change if you notice something wrong.

Done. I just didn't want to be changing information about something I barely understand.

There is a lot more out of date with that page. Would it be appropriate to update it for the latest kernel? I can leave in a section about how it changed since 3.x, although I don't know when (for example) DTBs moved from /lib/firmware to /boot/dtbs/`uname -r`

I can leave in a section about how it changed since 3.x, although I don’t know when (for example) DTBs moved from /lib/firmware to /boot/dtbs/uname -r

/lib/firmware/ and /boot/dtbs/ are not for the same function. Now if you mean, when /boot/uboot/dtbs/ moved to /boot/dtbs/, then I have no idea. I would guess around the same time debian started being the official distro for the BBB. Or just shortly after. ~ 3.8.13-bone47. It is also plausible this happened around the time Robert implemented all the nfsroot / tftp stuff into uboot.

I was still building my own kernel then, and using Roberts mini rootfs. So could not say for sure.

Anyway, /lib/firmware/ == device tree blob files for peripherals, and such. Where /boot/dtbs// == BSP device tree files. Board support package, or just board specific dtbs’s