add:

dtb=am335x-boneblack-wireless.dtb

and reboot - wlan0 should come up

Of course that doesn't work.. RE-READ my email:

GND TP1 then run as root:

dd if=/opt/scripts/device/bone/bbbw-eeprom.dump
of=/sys/devices/platform/ocp/44e0b000.i2c/i2c-0/0-0050/eeprom

(that dd line is "1" line not two..)

What does ^ line say after the dd command?

Regards,

Sorry, you’re right.
However, changing the dtb on the boot config seemed to do it, even for a few boards in my class that surprisingly had the same issue. Could this be an issue worth looking into with the latest image?

Thanks again for your assistance Robert

Okay, now I’m curious.

I was too lazy to ground a pin and run “dd”, so I tried the “dtb” solution first. It worked.

I can understand why the “dd” to fix the corrupted eeprom works. (That’s RobertCNelson’s solution.)
Why does editing the “dtb” line in /boot/uEnv.txt work? (That’s adam.p’s solution.)
And which is the better solution?

With the corrupt eeprom, it's detecting it as a normal BBB..

Thus the dtb= override will work, you'll just have to remember it for
that board.

Regards,

I had the same problem with my BBBW. I tried both methods to make the wifi work, but none was completly succesfull.
The “dd” method made no difference, the board still saw it as simple BBB. The second method was succesful - the board was set as BBBW but when I tried turning the Wifi on it crashed. I tried re-booting it but I can’t make the ssh work.(After turning the Wifi on it worked for 3 or 4 times,but after that nothing ) After Reboot USR0 and USR2 stay on but can’t connect. sometimes all Leds turn off. Can the problem be caused by the charging? I don’t use a separate power supply ,just the usb cable.