error while running bitbake

Hey All,
I followed the instructions at http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/building-angstrom and got to the point of running

MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh bitbake virtual/kernel

and received an "unparsed line" error. I then tried a simple bitbake nano to see if that would be any different but got the same error. Here is a full list from the bitbake nano run:

mark@regulus2:~/projects/angstrom/setup-scripts$ bitbake nano
Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main build
Loading cache: 100%

#####################################################################################################################################################################|

ETA: 00:00:00
Loaded 5 entries from dependency cache.
NOTE: angstrom DOES NOT support libiconv because the eglibc provided iconv library is used

ETA: 00:00:37

NOTE: angstrom DOES NOT support libiconv because the eglibc provided iconv library is used
NOTE: angstrom DOES NOT support gconf-dbus because gconf-dbus has been merged back into main GConf

ETA: 00:00:36

NOTE: angstrom DOES NOT support gconf-dbus-native because gconf-dbus has been merged back into main GConf
ERROR: /home/mark/projects/angstrom/setup-scripts/sources/meta-angstrom/recipes-images/angstrom/console-base-image.bb:1: unparsed line: 'systemd-image.bb'

ETA: 00:00:09

ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1
mark@regulus2:~/projects/angstrom/setup-scripts$

I'm running Ubuntu Lucid. I have been able to build a working console image on this system, but it has been over a year and I see much as changed.

And yep I did a google check and did not see much in the way of any decent hits.

Any help is appreciated.

Mark

Hummm, no responses so far. Should I be posting this to a different list?

Thanks
Mark

Did you start this process before Nov 1? If so, it would be best to start over.

If you're running the latest stuff (OE-core based) then it looks like the mentioned
file is damaged. Perhaps you could send console-base-image.bb?

The git clone was done a couple of days ago. I also did a fresh clone this morning and got the same results. The file console-base-image.bb exists, but it is empty.

Mark

Does your filesystem support symlinks?

Yes, ext4 on Ubuntu

Also, all of the other .bb files in that directory do have content if that is any help.

What is your current git commit ID?

Can you try 'git reset --hard HEAD' to try to pull the content out of
the git repo again?

I'm perplexed as to how the file was damaged. Do you have room on
your disk? Can you run 'df'?

And another bit of information. For grins I tried this in Linux Mint 11 and it is building just fine, well past past the point of where I saw the error in Ubuntu Lucid.

Thanks
Mark

Hi Jason,
I did a fresh clone a few minutes ago and got the same error.
Commit ID 45840ac30c549784fabb963cdb9a6b76820c0ff3

Well the file was damaged in the sense of an empty file.

I reported in a later email that I am able to build under Linux Mint 11. In fact it is still cranking.

Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,

I’m stuck at the same point:
ERROR: ParseError at /…/setup-scripts/sources/meta-angstrom/recipes-images/angstrom/console-base-image.bb:1: unparsed line: ‘systemd-image.bb’.

I’m using the latest setup-scripts from:
https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/setup-scripts.git
I have tried Fedora (13 and 16), Ubuntu (10.04, 11.10), and Debian 6.0.4 machines. No success with any machine.
Did you find a solution ? Any help is much appreciated.

PS1: Here is the content of my console-base-image.bb:
Begin of file
systemd-image.bb
End of file

PS2: Here is the content of my systemd-image.bb:
Begin of file
#Angstrom image to test systemd

LICENSE = “MIT”
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = “file://${COREBASE}/LICENSE;md5=3f40d7994397109285ec7b81fdeb3b58”

IMAGE_PREPROCESS_COMMAND = “rootfs_update_timestamp”

DISTRO_UPDATE_ALTERNATIVES ??= “”
ROOTFS_PKGMANAGE_PKGS ?= ‘${@base_conditional(“ONLINE_PACKAGE_MANAGEMENT”, “none”, “”, “${ROOTFS_PKGMANAGE} ${DISTRO_UPDATE_ALTERNATIVES}”, d)}’

CONMANPKGS ?= “connman connman-plugin-loopback connman-plugin-ethernet connman-plugin-wifi connman-systemd”
CONMANPKGS_libc-uclibc = “”

IMAGE_INSTALL += "
angstrom-task-boot
task-basic
${CONMANPKGS}
${ROOTFS_PKGMANAGE_PKGS}
timestamp-service
"

IMAGE_DEV_MANAGER = “udev”
IMAGE_INIT_MANAGER = “systemd”
IMAGE_INITSCRIPTS = " "
IMAGE_LOGIN_MANAGER = “tinylogin shadow”