Factory Flashing of images (MLO, uboot.img, uImage & rootfs.ubi) on NAND or SD onto beaglebone black

Dear Beaglebone black Community,

As am newbie to this beaglebone black development board & am stuck with this from many days, I found several links related to flashing the images onto beaglebone black,
But could anybody please suggest me, In a production environment which is the quick & reliable method for flashing the images of (MLO, uboot.img, uImage & rootfs.ubi) onto the beaglebone black where that flashing procedure doesn’t consume much of the time for flashing the images

Many Thanks in advance,

Awaiting for your replies,
Srinivasan S

The one we use. The same one as everybody uses as users. Boot from the SD card that flashes the eMMC.

Gerald

As an alternative you can use https://github.com/ungureanuvladvictor/BBBlfs . It takes like ~5 mins to flash a fully debian image on the board. I know a few people that use this tool for production boards. You can customize it to flash whatever you want to the board.

And, by the way, this code is very enlightening about how things works exactly in terms of of protocols (ARP, BOOTP, TFTP, UDP, IP, RNDIS/USB).
The code is easy to read. And the fact that it exposes the boards eMMC as a mass-storage device is awesome! Make things easy a lot!

I’m planing to extend it to support multiple boards at the same time, since my project does not get use of external MMC (it’s eMMC only).
I hope to submit some contributions soon.

Thanks Vlad.

Many companies also get the eMMC chips programmed before they are installed onto the board. Most distributors (Arrow, Avnet, etc.) where you would purchase eMMC chips will have this available as a value-added function. Another benefit to this, if you consign the programmed chips, is that your contract manufacturer cannot build any boards that you don’t know about.

Unless, your utilizing the same version of the am3358 used on the bbb..

Which doesn't include any signed booting by default..

So the cm can clone away without you knowing. :wink:

Regards,