Failed angstrom build

I’m trying to build Angstrom with bitbake. I followed the instructions on Derek Molloy’s Site. After running:

$bitbake cloud9-image

ERROR: ld.so: object ‘libpseudo.so’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
update-alternatives: Linking /home/jay/angstrom/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_v2013_06-eglibc/work/beaglebone-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/cloud9-image/1.0-r0/rootfs//usr/bin/top to /usr/bin/top.procps
update-alternatives: Linking /home/jay/angstrom/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_v2013_06-eglibc/work/beaglebone-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/cloud9-image/1.0-r0/rootfs//usr/bin/uptime to /usr/bin/uptime.procps
update-alternatives: Linking /home/jay/angstrom/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_v2013_06-eglibc/work/beaglebone-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/cloud9-image/1.0-r0/rootfs//usr/bin/free to /usr/bin/free.procps
update-alternatives: Linking /home/jay/angstrom/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_v2013_06-eglibc/work/beaglebone-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/cloud9-image/1.0-r0/rootfs//usr/bin/pkill to /usr/bin/pkill.procps
update-alternatives: Linking /home/jay/angstrom/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_v2013_06-eglibc/work/beaglebone-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/cloud9-image/1.0-r0/rootfs//usr/bin/pmap to /usr/bin/pmap.procps

ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs (see /home/jay/angstrom/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_v2013_06-eglibc/work/beaglebone-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/cloud9-image/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.20961 for further information)
ERROR: Task 7 (/home/jay/angstrom/setup-scripts/sources/meta-ti/recipes-misc/images/cloud9-image.bb, do_rootfs) failed with exit code ‘1’
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 5589 tasks of which 5588 didn’t need to be rerun and 1 failed.
No currently running tasks (5588 of 5592)

Summary: 1 task failed:
/home/jay/angstrom/setup-scripts/sources/meta-ti/recipes-misc/images/cloud9-image.bb, do_rootfs
Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Has anyone had any similar problems?

My build failed the same way. I am compiling on a Ubuntu 13.10(x64) system.

Did you find out what the cause was?

My build failed the same way. I am compiling on a Ubuntu 13.10(x64)
system.

Did you find out what the cause was?

How can anyone help you when we have no idea what you are referring too?
Please respond by retaining some of the previous posting for context so we
know what you are talking about.

Regards,
John

Have you tried the directions on http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/? That worked fine for me the last time I ran it in a VirtualBox VM running Ubuntu 12.04.3 64 bits.

I've had trouble with some of what Derek Molloy documented, especially after the referenced toolchain was removed from angstrom-distribution.org

Artie

Hi,

There are problems compiling the Angstrom master branch on 64-bit ubuntu variants relating to the native libpseudo. There are two alternatives:

Switch to the angstrom-v2013.12-yocto1.5 branch which is meant to include a fix (see: https://www.mail-archive.com/angstrom-distro-devel@linuxtogo.org/msg06900.html)

or

Use a 32-bit Ubuntu host.

Update your Angstrom host installation:

cd to the setup-scripts directory

git checkout -f -b angstrom-v2013.12-yocto1.5 origin/angstrom-v2013.12-yocto1.5 (The force option is necessary if you modified local.conf)

MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh config beaglebone

. ./environment-angstrom-v2013.12

bitbake cloud9-image

I currently testing these steps on a 32-bit host. It will take a couple more hours before I can confirm success or failure. Why don’t you try it on your 64-bit host and let us know how it goes. I’m sure Rhem Raj would like to get feedback about this fix.

Regards …

Please include full log of the failed build - without it it is hard to write reasonable reply,

T.

Apologies for the late reply (and the missing information in my first post),

I have tested building on a 64-bit ubuntu 13.10 system and this branch works fine. I have a new console-image running on my beaglebone black now.

Thanks for the help,

Geir

kl. 12:31:19 UTC+1 lørdag 22. februar 2014 skrev rchrd...@gmail.com følgende: