flashing eMMC with latest images on BBB rev C

Hello,
I am trying to flash the eMMC with the latest images from here:
https://beagleboard.org/latest-images

I downloaded bone-debian-8.4-lxqt-4gb-armhf-2016-05-13-4gb.img.xz, extracted the img, wrote it to uSD card, and I can see the files on there. There doesn’t appear to be a problem accessing the uSD card since I can read the files on there.

I tried to modify per these instructions on the beagleboard.org link above:

“To turn these images into eMMC flasher images, edit the /boot/uEnv.txt file on the Linux partition on the microSD card and remove the ‘#’ on the line with ‘cmdline=init=/opt/scripts/tools/eMMC/init-eMMC-flasher-v3.sh’. Enabling this will cause booting the microSD card to flash the eMMC.”

But there is no line in /boot/uEnv.txt that has ‘cmdline=…’ So I tried adding that line to see if that will do the trick, but when I do that and hold down boot button (S2), the LEDs on the opposite end do not flash at all. I hold S2 for 30s, nothing happens.

Again, I don’t think it’s a problem with the SD card and being able to read from it. But the instructions on the website link do not match what I see when I process the IMG file on to the uSD card and look in uEnv.txt.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.