flashing lights and failed installation on BBGW

Trying to install BBGW-blank-debian-8.5-seeed-iot-armhf-2016-08-07-4gb.img onto a new BBGW. Had problems, so I went out and bought a new micro SD card and a new card reader just in case.

When I hold the boot button down as I plug in power, I get one of two scenarios happening:

• User LEDs #0 and 2 turn on, then lights 1 and 3 turn on, and back to #0 and 2, then 1 and 3. I’ve left it like that for over an hour thinking maybe that was a new pattern.
  • All 4 LEDs turn on, then off, then on again, at the same rate as the normal “heartbeat”. So blink twice, then 1/2 second pause, and blink twice again.
  • User LED #0 (heartbeat) blinks maybe 3 or 4 times, then nothing else. No other activity.

Is there a page where the blink patterns are explained? If not, does someone know where in the code to look so I can find the different blink patterns and their explanation?

Stéphane

what power supply are you using?

Trying to install BBGW-blank-debian-8.5-seeed-iot-armhf-2016-08-07-4gb.img
onto a new BBGW. Had problems, so I went out and bought a new micro SD card
and a new card reader just in case.

When I hold the boot button down as I plug in power, I get one of two
scenarios happening:

User LEDs #0 and 2 turn on, then lights 1 and 3 turn on, and back to #0 and
2, then 1 and 3. I've left it like that for over an hour thinking maybe
that was a new pattern.

That's wifidog, scanning for wifi adapers...

All 4 LEDs turn on, then off, then on again, at the same rate as the normal
"heartbeat". So blink twice, then 1/2 second pause, and blink twice again.

"flashing" failed...

User LED #0 (heartbeat) blinks maybe 3 or 4 times, then nothing else. No
other activity.

Is there a page where the blink patterns are explained? If not, does
someone know where in the code to look so I can find the different blink
patterns and their explanation?

Do you have a usb serial adapter?

For "flashing" you are looking for the cylon pattern..

Regards,

The USB micro (the only power option on a BBGW) plugged into a Certified Data 4-port powered USB hub: http://www.londondrugs.com/certified-data-usb-3.0-4-port-hub---hy-hb-8517/L8469843.html

I’ve successfully installed and configured about 20 BBB and BBG devices using this USB hub for power. But this is my first (and only) BBGW.

Stéphane

Hi,
Is there a way to stop wifidog from controlling those usr-leds. I’ve been trying to control them through bonescript, but they keep reverting to the wifidog scanning pattern.

Regards,
Rohit