Flashing the internal memory

Hi,

I’m trying to flash the Angstrom image onto the internal flash when booted from a micro SD. I am getting an error:

No space left on device

I’m using the Cloud9-IDE-GNOME xz image. It should fit!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

-Tom

Which device is this? The eMMC or the SD card?

Gerald

Booted from SD card, flashing the eMMC.

What instructions are you following? I suggest you use the ones found at http://circuitco.com/support/index.php?title=Updating_The_Software

Gerald

I was using these: but will try the way you suggested…

It is the process that I am more concerned with.

Gerald

Got it to flash, but it took like 2 hours.

-Tom

one thing you might want to do
power the bone from a external 5v power supply @ least 1amp
flashing the emmc while powered from the USB can allow it to fail

I am using an external 2 amp power supply.

-Tom

It flashed fine, btw.

Two hours??? Should not have taken more than 45 minutes for the actual flashing process. Unless, the SD card has some speed issues.

Gerald

I didn’t time it, but it took a long time. The SD card is only class 4.

-Tom

So, is everything working so far?

Gerald

It flashed fine. It boots into the desktop, but when I unplug the cable and plug it back in, the networking is gone. So it’s a bad board.

-Tom

Tom,
You might be experiencing the same problem that the rest of us are seeing…see this thread:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/beagleboard/mfQwHdfHyoo/_Fo_LMaPiagJ

However, Gerald indicated that there have been a couple of bad PHY devices that have been found in the RMA process.
-Dale

Hi,

Yes, I’m following that thread also. Seems that not many people are experiencing this issue. Must have gotten a bad batch or something…

-Tom

Yes, a couple. Go ahead and request an RMA on that board and let us put it on the treadmill.

Gerald

I will. I just gotta find out from my boss where he bought the boards. I forgot where…

-Tom

Adafruit, that’s where! I found the box it was shipped in. RMA request sent…

-Tom