FPGA for Beaglebone black

Greetings

I am developing for BBB and want to use an FPGA on the GPIO inputs. Does anyone know what cape will give the maximum connections to the BBB GPIO’s from the FPGA?
Thanks

I would guess the one you design and build. You cna look at http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBone_Capes for some of the existing capes.

Gerald

I mean an existing one.

You might try:

http://valentfx.com/logi-bone/

Gerald

Thanks

Google is a really good source for stuff like this.

Gerald

Yes - I know. But none actually stated the exact number of pins were available as specifications (not that I found), so I thought I might ask if someone had already done that research? That is where newsgroups and forums are really good.

FEATURES:

1. If you use google(its really good for searching) to search the group you will see discussions about FPGA and the issues

Saving time by asking questions of similar users of fpga seems like a shortcut but

Reading the data sheets to understand the loss of pins to your design after doing #1 is a better approach

If I remember you lose emmc gpio and will need to create a custom device tree and the need to configure GPMC timing

Yes - I know. But none actually stated the exact number of pins were available as specifications (not that I found), so I thought I might ask if someone had already done that research? That is where newsgroups and forums are really good.

Those specs are deceptive - I spoke to manufacturer yesterday - more pins are available on that device than are written. If you look at schematics you will see that also.
Also, google will only show what is what is listed, not what people know. You are assuming that every answer to every question asked has been indexed by google.
I searched the group but did not find the correct answer. I have my answer, this discussion can now close.

Sorry that the community was not able to support someone else’s product. Unless someone were to have used it, it is not really possible to provide any sort of support or feedback. The community here does not profess to have all the answers and as such is not under any obligation to provide answers to everyone on every question they may ask.

Glad you fund your answer.

Gerald

There is no reason whatsoever for you to apologise. This thread will now be indexed and will be available for the next person who searches for it, thus increasing the value of the forum. It great to know that you came up with the same result that I did and it was not just me. You are right, google is great, however, user experience and feedback is valuable also and should not be discounted. Documents aren’t always right.