This post is rather belated, especially as folks have already made some posts with challenges they’ve faced using the new images, but I’d like to start a thread here where people can follow-up. In fact, I’ll be updating the blog post below to reflect a link to this discussion so folks can join.
What’s new?* Fixes for zero-install drivers on Windows 10
- Updated Windows driver signatures (in case the zero-install drivers don’t load)
- Updated Chromium (fixes)
- Updated node-red (fixes, blockly)
- Updated bone101 (fixes)
- Updated BoneScript (fixes and deprecation of non-node-style callbacks)
- Updated librobotcontrol (fixes)
- Updated kernel (4.14.71-ti-r80)
- Updated bootloader (capemgr now part of bootloader as default since about April)
- Support for many more capes out-of-the-box (bb.org-overlays)
Well, I really should be announcing these updates more often. While there have been lots of recent bug fixes and we’ve recently incorporated many elements coming from the Google Summer of Code efforts, the big push for this update is to incorporate the updated zero-install identifiers for recent Windows 10 updates and an updated set of signed driver INF files on the disk image, just in case the zero-install identifiers don’t automatically trigger the Windows driver loading like it should.
So, get them while they are hot and come on over to https://beagleboard.org/discuss to let us know how we are doing or how you can get involved.
Below is what is new at https://beagleboard.org/latest-images…