fstab edit can not boot

Hello
I have a problem with my BBB. I edited my fstab file and now my BBB cannot boot.
However I can’t connect to it with ssh to modify my fstab since it doesn’t boot…

My image is under my sdcard so if i remove it my BBB boots fine but i need this sdcard to be loaded since i’ve worked a lot on it.

How can i recover from this?
Thank you

You need a Linux system to edit the sdcard. This Linux system can be a virtual machine, but be aware it can be challenging sometimes to get a car reader recognized in virtual machines. Well less chalenging when you have experience with it . . .

Anyway, once you have the sdcard inserted into a Linux system.

$ lsblk
NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda 8:0 0 149.1G 0 disk
├─sda1 8:1 0 9.3G 0 part /
├─sda2 8:2 0 1K 0 part
├─sda5 8:5 0 2G 0 part [SWAP]
└─sda6 8:6 0 137.8G 0 part /home
sdb 8:16 1 14.7G 0 disk
└─sdb1 8:17 1 1.7G 0 part

sdb in this case is my own sdcard. sdb1 is the root file system.

$ sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /media/rootfs/
$ cd /media/rootfs/
$ ls
bin etc lib mnt proc sbin sys uEnv.txt.save
boot home lost+found nfs-uEnv.txt root selinux tmp usr
dev ID.txt media opt run srv uEnv.txt var

So from here, you would execute:

~ sudo nano etc/fstab - do NOT precede the path with a backslash, as that would mean you’re editing fstab on the main systems fstab . . .

Here is what seems to be a decent guide on setting up Ubuntu on virtualbox if needed.

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/virtualbox

However, I would recommend when setting up an Ubuntu virtual machine, that you give the virtual machine 20GB at least of hard drive space. 8GB really is not enough if you plan on using it more than just for the situation. Which you should consider seriously keeping such a virtual machine around for future usage.

Anyway, if you have a computer with Windows, or OSX on it, and this system does have an sdcard reader. If you decide to create virtual machine, I can probably help you with getting the sdcard reader exposed to the virtual machine.Usually it is not all that hard, but it is not always obvious if you have no experience with it.