g++ version on arm that support c++11

I noticed the arm version of g++with the shipping debian is pre c++11 support. Was curious if the feb debian jessie release would up the g++ version? Wasn’t sure since the instructions seem to use a linareo version.

I noticed the arm version of g++with the shipping debian is pre c++11 support. Was curious if the feb debian jessie release would up the g++ version? Wasn’t sure since the instructions seem to use a linareo version.

Debian Jessie is shipping with: 4.9

Regards,

I had just setup Jessie in my VM on my Mac, and noted that it had 4.9.1. Wasn’t sure if that would be the gcc on the BBB as well when it ships with Jessie. That is great news, as there are some c++11 features I like to use.

I had just setup Jessie in my VM on my Mac, and noted that it had 4.9.1. Wasn’t sure if that would be the gcc on the BBB as well when it ships with Jessie. That is great news, as there are some c++11 features I like to use.

Yeah this time around all debian arch’s will use gcc 4.9 by default. Unlike wheezy where x86 used 4.7 and everything else used 4.6…