gdb issue

All,

I’ve been following Derek Molloy’s videos for the Beaglebone Black.
I’m trying to get Eclipse set up to remotely debug C/C++ on the BBB.
As far as I can tell, everything is configured properly.
I can SSH and automatically deploy my code to the target after it builds.

However, when I try to debug, I get an error saying: “readchar: Got EOF” and “Remote side has terminated connection. GDBServer will reopen the connection.”

I’ve been scouring the internet, but haven’t found any solution yet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Adam

I found that that can happen when the gdbserver crashes, which can be caused by incompatible versions of gdbserver and gdb.

Aaron

Thanks!
I verified the versions I have match what Mr. Molloy was using.

However, digging around in the forums, I was able to find someone else that had the same problem, and fixed it as follows:
Since I’m running virtualbox, and seeing the same symptoms as him, I’m going to try this solution tonight and see if it works.

Yay, resolved, C/C++ remote debugging in eclipse now working!

Thank you for all the help, in the end I changed the set-up of the virtualbox configuration, setting the network settings to:

“Bridged Adapter”.

I also installed:

sudo apt-get install lib32ncurses5

Now it works perfrectly.

I tried setting the virtualbox to “Bridged Adapter”; however, after that I could not ping the BBB.
Looks like I’m still in bad shape.

What’s really weird though is that I have selected the remote target (BBB) in the debug settings, but when I run, it looks like the project is actually running on the host, not the target…

Got it!
There’s a setting in the remote debug connection screen for “local” or “beaglebone”…somehow I missed this.
Anywho…set that, and now I’m debugging!