Gentoo on Beagle Bone - Already to Built Image: Should I Stage It?

I’ve successfully built Gentoo on the following SDHC disks:

1. Kingston 4 GB microSDHC Class 4 Flash Memory Card SDC4/4GBET

2. Kingston 16 GB Class 4 MicroSDHC Flash Card with SD Adapter SDC4/16GB, and a

3. Transcend 32 GB microSDHC Flash Memory Card (TS32GUSDHC4E)
    There did not seem to be any definitive blessing of what cards worked with the Beagle Bone, so I did my research (Class 4, version SDIO 2.0 and < 48 Mhz) and selected these cards. I can now say with experience all three cards work.

One problem I’m becoming aware of is that the kernel used in the Gentoo instructions varies from the Angstrom in terms of the GPIO. What is exposed under /sys… in Angstrom is not necessarily exposed under the linux-am33x. I guess now it’s time to start identifying the differences as well as what customizations (NFS ready?) I may want. I’ve thought about setting up a distributed cross compiler given that the compile times are long. For instance, to install Samba (and 33 dependencies with such intensive ones like Ghostscript) takes more than 5 hours. Though, I’m thinking if I want to do some development, better to expose the drive through NFS and run my editors and resource hungry apps on a more suitable machine since the Beagle Bone will be running on its own once deployed. Nonetheless, it’s fun and novel to witness the mighty ARM tackle the big programs.