Git repo for beaglebone factory kernel

Hi,

By popular request: https://github.com/koenkooi/linux/tree/linux-ti33x-psp-3.2-r4c+gitr09e9651bcf2ee8d86685f2a8075bc6557b1d3b91

That's a git tree created from all the patches and scripts in the buildsystem. The factory kernel won't get built from there, but it is a good starting point for people who want to add support for capes or fix bugs. If you want your changes to go into the factory kernel, mail the patches here/do a github pull requests/patch the recipe in meta-ti/etc. Any volunteers to make spidev the fallback when no capes are attached?

1) git clone
2) cp defconfig .config
3) ???
4) profit

The long term goal is to manage everything with devicetree, but till that actually works on beaglebone use the cape method in the repo mentioned above.

regards,

Koen

Chris Piggott and I figured out based on a change posted in a TI mailing list how to patch this kernel to put the PRUSS in a proper (not reset) mode on am33xx.

Commit message:

Release PRUSS from reset on enable for the am33xx (beaglebone), based on patch 3/6 ICSS reset handling from Amit Shah on a TI mailing list (arm_mpu_sw_lpr). When loading uio_pruss.ko module the clock is enabled; however, rmmod uio_pruss does not seem to turn off the clock. This could be improved.

0001-Release-PRUSS-from-reset-on-enable-for-the-am33xx-be.patch (2.6 KB)

Koen

I’ve built this for my BeagleBone using your defconfig (apart from a couple of tweaks to get it to sucessfully build).

But the /sys/class/gpio doesn’t appear to work. i.e.

$ echo 32 > /sys/class/gpio/export
$ echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio32/direction
$ echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio32/value
$ echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio32/value

… fails to toggle pin 25 on P8.

As a check, the Angstrom distro works fine on my board, so it seems like a kernel issue.

Any clues as to what might be wrong ?

Cheers
Mark