GSOC 14 Idea: Library of Arduino-Compatible functions for Starterware

Hello,

I am looking forward to work with BeagleBoard community this GSOC, i was looking at the ideas page and the one about “Library of Arduino-Compatible functions for Starterware” felt particularly interesting.

Would be glad if somebody could address a few doubts

1. The title suggested that we would be developing Arduino like libraries for starterware, but the body suggested something like an arduino using the starterware libraries for exploiting the beagleboard hardware(this one seems unlikely though). Though both ideas are interesting i am confused what the idea wanted to portray

2. The goal is defined as using the using energia to support Beaglebone. Which as far as i understand would be accomplished using Starterware libraries, if that is correct could anyone point me in the direction i would need to go to integrate BB into energia

Thanks

Rishabh Rawat
2nd Year Undergraduate
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay

Hello,

I am looking forward to work with BeagleBoard community this GSOC, i was looking at the ideas page and the one about “Library of Arduino-Compatible functions for Starterware” felt particularly interesting.

Would be glad if somebody could address a few doubts

1. The title suggested that we would be developing Arduino like libraries for starterware, but the body suggested something like an arduino using the starterware libraries for exploiting the beagleboard hardware(this one seems unlikely though). Though both ideas are interesting i am confused what the idea wanted to portray

StarterWare is an existing library supporting BeagleBone Black. The idea would be to build Arduino like libraries using StarterWare to simplify the task.

1. The goal is defined as using the using energia to support Beaglebone. Which as far as i understand would be accomplished using Starterware libraries, if that is correct could anyone point me in the direction i would need to go to integrate BB into energia

Userspace Arduino - eLinux.org might have a few hints. Certainly checking out how MSP430 and other processors were integrated into GitHub - energia/Energia: Fork of Arduino for the Texas Instruments LaunchPad's would be helpful.