GSoC '14 Project Proposal

I am a second year Computer Engineering Student from University of Pune, India.

I would like to propose a project for GSoC which aims at creating a library to easily interface an arduino based device with the BeagleBone Black

The arduino can be connected to the BBB using USB or Serial, the library can then be called by the BBB in order to control various arduino peripherals like ADC, PWM etc

This library can be used to increase the no. of attached peripherals or use existing arduino shields… by simply interfacing a BBB to an arduino.

I plan to develop the library in C/Python for the serial communication.

I am a second year Computer Engineering Student from University of Pune, India.

I would like to propose a project for GSoC which aims at creating a library to easily interface an arduino based device with the BeagleBone Black

That would have been a better subject heading for this message. Of course, there is already a tremendous amount of work on interfacing Arduino with a host under Python (Arduino Playground - HomePage). There’s no reason I see that anything written for other hosts for execution over serial ports wouldn’t run as-is on BeagleBone Black. This project idea is a ‘nop’ (NOP - Wikipedia).

The arduino can be connected to the BBB using USB or Serial, the library can then be called by the BBB in order to control various arduino peripherals like ADC, PWM etc

This library can be used to increase the no. of attached peripherals or use existing arduino shields… by simply interfacing a BBB to an arduino.

I plan to develop the library in C/Python for the serial communication.

You mean re-write http://pyserial.sourceforge.net/ !!?!?!?!?!

was not aware of the work that has already been carried out. will try to refine or develop another idea thank you sir.