GSoC '15 : New to the Community.

Hello Everyone,
I am Subhodip Kumar a fourth Year Information Technology student from India.I want to be a part of this community.I have couple of years of web development experience: developed a few websites,a chrome extension and a free running game using HTML5/CSS3/Javascript during an Hackathon.I also have a beginner experience with Node.js, I have worked with Express web framework for Node.js and Socket.io. As far as Hardware skills are concerned, I have basic knowledge of circuits (upto the level of MITX 6.002x). I have experience of programming AVR microcontrollers and Arduino.Used them to make line-follwing and obstruction avoiding robots as a part of activities of our Robotics club in our college.
I have also used Raspberry Pi to make a print server which I use at home.
I am interested in BeagleBoard as It is truly open and gives far more options to learn and experiment.

I am highly Interested in the following Ideas which matches with my skill set:

1.node-webkit based cross-platform getting-started app
2.BoneScript web pages with live-running examples and documentation

I have started to look into the existing code bases at:
https://github.com/jadonk/bone101
and https://github.com/jadonk/beaglebone-getting-started
as well as NW.js which I am new to.

I would like to know more about the project and more importantly how to proceed in order to contribute.
Any guidance would largely help!!Thanks in advance.

Can someone help?

Hello Everyone,
I am Subhodip Kumar a fourth Year Information Technology student from India.I want to be a part of this community.I have couple of years of web development experience: developed a few websites,a chrome extension and a free running game using HTML5/CSS3/Javascript during an Hackathon.I also have a beginner experience with Node.js, I have worked with Express web framework for Node.js and Socket.io. As far as Hardware skills are concerned, I have basic knowledge of circuits (upto the level of MITX 6.002x). I have experience of programming AVR microcontrollers and Arduino.Used them to make line-follwing and obstruction avoiding robots as a part of activities of our Robotics club in our college.
I have also used Raspberry Pi to make a print server which I use at home.
I am interested in BeagleBoard as It is truly open and gives far more options to learn and experiment.

I am highly Interested in the following Ideas which matches with my skill set:

1.node-webkit based cross-platform getting-started app

Look at the other thread regarding node-webkit. Also talk to Jason (jkridner) in the IRC

2.BoneScript web pages with live-running examples and documentation

This has been done last GSoC, so I’m not sure if there is enough work left.

Thanks for the help…:slight_smile: