GSOC 2014 project proposal - Automatic attendance system using image processing

Dear beagleboard community,
I wanted to work for summer of code this summer I have an idea of mine so I wanted
to get feedback from all the members here and guide me to work with that idea
Let me know what you think. Suggest improvements or additions you’d like to see.

Project details
I want to make an android application “Automatic attendance system using image processing” I will be using beagleboard as process unit and android to display the output.
The main concept is divided in two parts The first part consists of facerecogniation and facedetection alogrthim using opencv library. I have already developed this programme on beagleboard as a part of my project for texas instrument innovation contest.
Now the second part on which i want to work is to develop an android application in which One picture will be clicked from mobile of the whole class whose attendance has to be taken and then the picture will be sent to the beagleboard using network then after this the picture will be processed using facerecogniation and facedetection alogrthim on beagleboard. The application will recognize the students and there present will be marked in the database.
As we know the current attendance system in school and college are tedious and lacks efficiency. My application will help to improve the attendance system and management of data.
This application can be used in various institutions for example school , colleges etc.
The project is divided in two parts application develop in beagleboard In the first part i will use C++ and opencv and arm linux library
In the second part I will use java and android sdk environment for making android application.

I will waiting for the response
regards
Neeraj Rajput

Dear beagleboard community,
I wanted to work for summer of code this summer I have an idea of mine so I wanted
to get feedback from all the members here and guide me to work with that idea
Let me know what you think. Suggest improvements or additions you’d like to see.

Project details
I want to make an android application “Automatic attendance system using image processing” I will be using beagleboard as process unit and android to display the output.
The main concept is divided in two parts The first part consists of facerecogniation and facedetection alogrthim using opencv library. I have already developed this programme on beagleboard as a part of my project for texas instrument innovation contest.

We aren’t looking for research or science projects, but rather contributions to the state of open source for the BeagleBoard.org community. It wouldn’t make sense to create an “automatic attendance” library for use in other projects. I suggest you contact folks like Adafruit and Make Magazine to publish your project ideas. This would be an interesting Make Weekend Project and they pay for those. I believe EDN has a paid blog thing too.

Respected sir

Ya I agree with your suggestion as according to the idea given in beagleboard.org idea : " Android based remote display " so I was giving an example of an application which will will work on beagleboard and can be run remotely on android mobile so the main concept would be regarding android based remote display not of automatic attendance .
But I want to link image processing on beagleboard with android based remote display we can expand the application of image processing .

OK. Make sure Vlad and Vlad are believers in your idea if you want to use that as part of “Android-based remote display”. More meet of the low-level display implementation is required for the proposal.

Thanks jason hoping for the best